Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What's For Dinner, Wednesday!

Here we go....

Chicken Slaw Wraps!

-Olive Oil
-One large onion-diced
-3 crushed garlic cloves
-1 package (12 oz I think) of Broccoli Slaw mix
-2 cups regular Cole slaw mix (or just 2 cups shredded cabbage)
-One pound cooked/shredded chicken breasts. (I cook the chicken in the crock pot all day so that it's extra moist and tender)
-Lemon juice (about 1 Tablespoon...1/2 a lemon).
-Sea salt & Fresh ground pepper
-Tortillas (8 inch)
-Hummus (store bought or homemade)

*Heat Olive Oil over med high heat & add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is transparent & garlic is fragrant. Add Broccoli slaw mix & cook until tender/crisp (about 5-6 minutes). Next, add Cole slaw mix (or just plain old shredded cabbage if you don't want to buy Cole slaw mix) and cook until tender (about 3-4 minutes). Last, add your cooked/shredded chicken and heat through. Mix all ingredients well & remove from heat and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top and season with salt and pepper.

Serve on warmed tortillas, with a generous scoop of fresh hummus (you can buy this if you don't feel like making it)!


Hummus:
(if you DO feel like making it!)

-1 can chick peas (save about 1/4 cup of the liquid from the can, and drain the rest)
-2-3 crushed garlic cloves
-3-4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
-2.5 Teaspoons Tahini (sesame paste)
-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
-Sea Salt (start with 1/2 tsp)
-Fresh Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
*You can also add some roasted red peppers if you want to get crazy...but you do not need these!

*Put all ingredients in the blender (or mini food chopper in my case) & blend until smooth.

No comments:

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!