Monday, May 04, 2009

Not Me! Monday!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

So, here it is...my first "Not Me Monday" post. Hope you enjoy!

This past week I certainly did not neglect to bathe my "Fab 4 Whites" for 3 consecutive days. Choosing instead to only wash their hands, feet and face before bed & dust them with a little extra baby powder & apple scented hair detangler before school! Speaking of showers, I assure you I did not go without a shower for those three days either! Nor did I use a baby wipe to remove spit-up from my one and only clean pair of jeans, followed by a little shot of febreze and a spin in the dryer to freshen them up so I could continue to wear them all day. I also did not put my 7 month old in a 3T/4T Disney princess pull-up when I ran out of diapers and didn't want to go to the store with all four kids to buy more.

Oh, and because I'm such a perfect mother with the patience of a saint, I certainly did not jump off the treadmill at the gym and storm into the child-watch room to yell at my misbehaving 5 year old! This loud, and very sudden outburst on my part certainly did not alarm the nursery workers, or make my own 7 month old cry either. Nope, not me! Last, but not least...I DID NOT eat 3 pieces of cherry chocolate cake & 2 pieces of pizza for lunch and then wash them down with a diet Pepsi to ease some of the guilt (I still have no idea why I can't lose this baby weight???). I promise you...I did not do those things, because if I did that would make me kinda crazy!

So, tell me...what things did you not do this week??

10 comments:

Clair said...

I would never fail to bathe my kids for 3 days, nope not me!

Enjoyed your post!

Amber said...

3 days, heh. I'd go 3 days without bathing my kids. Now, a week or more. No way. Nope, not me! :)

Amber said...

Clair & Amber (GREAT name by the way!)-

LOVE the confessions...it's cleansing to be honest sometimes. I enjoyed your blogs as well :-)

rachel ray said...

That is the most hilarious post! Thanks for making me feel a little more normal!

I did NOT make a 5 year old wear dirty socks out of the laundry because none were washed.

I did not eat healthy all day yesterday only to break down and eat 4 chocolate chip cookies and finish off a bag of potato chips right before bed.

I did not take a bath with a bathtub full of littlest pet shops because I was too lazy to take them out.

I did not throw my sons sweaty "cup" back into his drawer even after 4 baseball practices.

mmmm....that cherry chocolate cake sounds fabulous....

Amber said...

Hey, Rachel-
I've missed you!! Thanks for being brave enough to be brutally honest right along with me :-). If I keep up with these "Not Me! Monday's!" you have to stick with me! So, are you like... so excited for "What's For Dinner, Wednesday's" tomorrow? Ha! I guess I better decide what we are having for dinner so I can do a post about it.....

Suzy homemaker said...

I have given in to a huge rut in my life. Wednesdays for us is BREAKFAST! It's usually oatmeal, eggs and pancakes. It's the one meal I really look forward to all week and everyone loves it and eats well. They all get really full and I don't hear about wanting snacks an hour later.

Amber said...

That's not a rut! We do breakfast for dinner about once a week too! I make oatmeal pancakes most of the time & the kids love them! We also do eggs and canadian bacon, but Chandler and Maya will only eat the pancakes (which is why I make oatmeal pancakes...a little more nutritious!). I also like making muffins, but my kids make a HUGE mess when I make muffins, so I find myself avoiding luxury at times!

Sara Lee said...

How do you make your oatmeal pancakes? That would make a good Wednesday "What's for Dinner" day. Might try those. My kids like pancakes and oatmeal so maybe if I marry them together it could be an even EASIER meal....hmmmmm.

Amber said...

I think I got my oatmeal pancake recipe off the Dugger family website. I'll look at it soon & e-mail it to you.

Elisa Seaba said...

LOVE it Amber!!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!