Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What's for dinner, Wednesday????

I had one last day of my never-ending garage sale today, so we had Papa John's for dinner tonight. Not a very exciting "What's for dinner, Wednesday" post, huh? Well, I thought I could at least make it up to you by posting my guacamole recipe since we are now in prime "guacamole season" aka "BBQ/picnic season". So...here we go!






GUACAMOLE

-4-5 ripe avocados
-Sweet yellow onion minced (about 1/2 cup)
-Lime juice - 3-4 Tablespoons
-Cilantro -about 1/2 a bunch
-2 small serrano peppers (green ones!)
-Cumin - 2 1/2 teaspoons
-Sea salt - about 2 teaspoons (taste as you go!)
-Fresh ground pepper (to taste....um, about 1/2 teaspoon if I had to guess)
-1-2 small tomatoes seeded and diced small.
-Cayenne pepper (about 1/4 teaspoon)
-Tabasco (dash, dash, dash, dash, dash...haha!)

*I'm not sure you can call this a "recipe" but it's the best I could do! I LOVE guacamole, but it's one of those things I just "make as I go". The last time I made it I tried to take note of what I was putting in it so I would be able to have a "recipe" of sorts to share. Hope you try it...it's well worth the energy to make it fresh because it's SO much more yummy that way!

-

No comments:

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!