Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me! Monday!

Here we go! You know how this works now....don't forget to play along with MckMama & post your "Not Me! Monday!" link to her blog :-)

Last week I had a garage sale, so I thought it fitting to do a "Things I Did Not Do While Having My Garage Sale" post. Enjoy!

-I did not spend the entire week getting ready for/having a garage sale & abandon any and ALL house work, thus leaving the entire inside of my home looking just as disheveled as the tables full of junk on my driveway...

-Eat donuts & coffee for breakfast three mornings in a row...

-Eat Papa John's pizza, Wendy's, El Maguey, Chinese, and Papa Keno's pizza for lunch...

-Eat Whoppers & Twizzlers at 2:00 am while tagging 2,000 baby onsies with .25 price stickers.

-Wear the same dirty pair of pants two days in a row because I didn't want to add any more dirty laundry to my mountain of laundry stacking up inside...

-Shop vac the garage floor until every last leaf was gone & buy a air wick plug in air freshener in the "Island Hibiscus" scent to make my garage seem more "inviting".

-Make fun of odd-ball people that came to my sale (behind their backs of course!)...

-Send my 5 year old to school in dirty socks because I did not do laundry all week...

-Make almost $500 on junk I was otherwise going to throw out!

1 comment:

Karen said...

YEAH!!!! Sounds like a very successful sale. I love those kind. I also love the feeling after it's over and all that junk lying around is GONE.

Dave would be so proud of you.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!