Thursday, May 07, 2009

"What's For Dinner, Wednesday?" - a bit late...

Sorry I didn't get this up last night....better late than never, eh?   Jonathan was working on the computer last night & we only have ONE computer in the White house.  Even us adults have to learn to share sometimes :-).

Mahi Mahi Soft Taco's with Ginger-Lime Dressing.















-Olive oil
-Salt and pepper
-4-6 Mahi Mahi fillets.

*Heat olive oil in skillet , season fish fillets with salt and pepper, and cook fillets until golden brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side)

Salsa
-1 cup diced (small) fresh pineapple
-1 large Mango (also diced small)
-1 avocado (diced)
-1 jalapeno pepper, minced
-about 1/4 cup red onion, minced
-1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
-juice from 1/2 a lime

Ginger-Lime Dressing
-about 1/3 (rounded) cup of sour cream.
-juice from 1/2 a lime (about a tablespoon)
-1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger root.
-1/2 teaspoon cumin
--big dash (1/8 tsp?) cayenne pepper
-salt
-pepper
 
-Warmed flour tortilla shells.


*Assemble warm flour tortillas with cooked fish &  salsa. Drizzle with sour cream dressing. Enjoy!


*This is what the Fish Taco Assembly line looks like. :-) That is fresh guacamole on the far left, and cut up pineapple next to it. I'll share my guac recipe another time. It's one of those recipes that I just make up as I go, and I don't really know how to estimate measurements for it. 

No comments:

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!