Sunday, May 06, 2007

Here we go again!

One of these days I'm going to post some GOOD NEWS, I promise! But...today is not that day. Tonight, I'm asking all of you (my 4 blog readers) to please pray for my little Channy-guy. He has been sick for about two weeks & instead of getting better he is just getting worse!

*It started off a few weekends ago with a little cough and a runny nose. Then the cough got worse and worse. Last Monday (the 30th) he started running a mild fever, and the cough turned into a deep seal-like bark. I took him to the Dr. on Wednesday (the 2nd), and his oxygen levels were at 90%-YIKES! After a LONG afternoon at the Drs office doing breathing treatments, getting steroids, and having an x-ray done, we found out he has pneumonia. The x-ray also showed some "markings" that strongly suggest he has asthma (not a huge surprise there).

We went home on Wednesday with a Rx for antibiotics, and more asthma meds. The Dr said "He should be feeling like himself by Friday". Well, Friday came and he was running a 104 fever that night! Now it's Sunday night & he is STILL sick!

This is the toughest job I have as a mommy. I hate seeing my kids sick. When you are trying everything you know to help them feel better and it doesn't work, it's just devastating ;-(. Just tonight Chandler came up to me and tugged on my pant leg just to tell me "Mommy....I have cough...I so sick". It about made me cry! He is such a little trooper, you would never know just by looking at him that he was THAT sick. He is still trying to play & be himself, but I can tell this is really taking a toll on his little body.

So, if you wouldn't mind, could you please pray for my little guy. I think we will end up back at the Drs office tomorrow, so I'll try to update as soon as I can.

Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber, I'm so sorry that he is worse!! It is the hardest part of being a Mom to not be able to kiss it and make it all better.

I'll be praying for the Lord's touch on his little body and for sustenance for you.

Anonymous said...

Praying, praying, praying...let me know if there is anything I can do-watch the girls or anything-really! mic

Faith said...

I will be praying for him, and for the rest of the family to stay healthy, too!

We are coming off a very sick fall and winter so I can relate.

Keep us updated.

Amber said...

Well, we went to the Dr today & things could have been worse. His O2 levels were still pretty low (92-94%), but the Dr. said it sounded like he was moving air a lot better today.

It turns out that the reason for the on-going fever is that he has a really bad ear infection (something he didn't have on Wednesday). Since he is already on antibiotics we will just have to wait and see if the ear infection clears on it's own.

SO, we will continue the pile of meds he is currently taking (that our lovely insurance either does not cover at all, or only covers part of...)& go back to the Dr in two weeks.

Thanks for the prayers!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying too that he will be completely healthy soon. I'll also pray for some rest for you.

Amber said...

Thank you, girls! I really appreciate your prayers...so does Channy-Man.

Chandler went back to school today & his teacher said he had a pretty good day. He is acting like he feels a little better too, so that's a really good sign!:-)

I felt so sorry for him having to go through all this crap, so after school today I took him to Wal-Mart and let him pick out a new spiderman toy. Now he is REALLY loving the sympathy card-hehe!

Love you guys!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!