Saturday, May 19, 2007

Maya's surgery...

OK, so it was a month ago, but I've been just a little busy. Anyway.... Maya had hernia surgery back in April & things went very well. This was our first experience at "Children's" & I have to say it was a GREAT first experience. The nurses were all very sweet & they even somehow talked Maya into willingly following them to the surgery suite...without her mommy!


This is Maya in the pre-op area with mom. She was really enjoying having some "alone time" with mommy and daddy :-).

Maya has some pretty sophisticated taste in footwear...and these yellow hospital socks DID NOT meet her expectations!

She LOVED driving the little toy cars up and down the halls of the pre-op area. She even tripped a nurse or two by swinging the little door open right as they would pass by! (Notice the maroon socks...apparently that color was slightly more acceptable.)

Chillin' in recovery with mom.

*You can see the little red incision in the middle of her tummy. It's a pretty small scar, and so far it doesn't seem to bother her too much.

*************************************************************************************
I'll have to do a post soon about Maya's "shoe obsession". It's pretty funny & it may shed some light on the whole "sock preference" thing. If there is one thing my little girly is picky about it would be her footwear!

No comments:

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!