Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A favorite quote.

" The moment we begin to fear the opinion of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls."

-Elizabeth Cady Stanton

*The #1 quality I desire to possess is honesty. It's a hard thing to pursue, because it's not so popular these days, and it's hard to balance honesty with tact at times (for me). I still don't have this quality perfected...but I'm pursuing it :-)

A few months ago I saw this quote and have carried it in my car or purse ever since. I want to remind myself to be honest with MYSELF at all times. We all have a unique path to follow & everyone is not always going to agree with us, but I think that's a GOOD thing. I don't want to hesitate to be who I am just because someone else may be different than me....you know? I want to follow after that unique mission that God has placed on my heart, even when it's hard to step out and do something hard because no one else sees things quite the same as me.

What's your favorite quote?

5 comments:

Faith said...

Thank you Amber, for finding my new favorite quote. I love it!

:-)

Amber said...

Hehe! I'm glad you like it too :-)

Anonymous said...

What a good quote!

My favorite is this. . .even though it is morbid, it always gives me hope.

"Death is not a light going out forever, but the turning off of a lamp for the coming of the dawn."

That has comforted me through miscarriages and deaths of grandparents and friends.

Amber said...

Oh, that's a great quote!

Anonymous said...

Great Quote !! I have a couple...one is my daughters - "why try so hard to fit in...when you were born to be different." And mine is a little longer - "Nothing has turned out as we expected. It never does. Life's under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it's no worse than it is."

Jodi

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!