Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pumpkin Patch Part 2!

Last Tuesday was McKenna's turn to go on a class field trip! All of the Kindergarten classes from her school went to a neat little farm/pumpkin patch for a day of fun! I had never been to this farm with my kids before, so it was fun getting to go somewhere new with McKenna. The weather was really nice, a little windy at times, but that's how it should be on a real farm, right? The kids were so cute as they hopped around the farm all day bouncing from one "petting station" to another, learning all about each farm animal.

After they learned all about the farm animals they got to go out to the pumpkin patch and pick their very own pie pumpkin. The pumpkin patch was at the bottom of a pretty steep hill & each child was responsible for carrying their own pumpkin up the steep hill after they picked it. What happened next was hilarious! On the way up the hill children were dropping their pumpkins and chasing after them one right after another-LOL! I guess you would have to have been there to fully appreciate it, but it was pretty cute :-).

Here are some of the pictures from the field trip...

Arriving at the farm.


Fun on the haystack!


"Hmmm...those look like pretty fussy geese...better not try to pet them."


"At least the horse likes for us to pet him."


Watch out for hungry chickens!


McKenna holding a little horseshoe.


Down at the pumpkin patch.


Getting ready to head up the hill with the "perfect" pumpkin :-).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this a different patch than Carolines? Is this the field trip up North you were telling me about?

Amber said...

No...that is not Carolyn's. It's a farm WAY up north...like an hour away!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!