Monday, October 08, 2007

But, MOM....I'm not sleepy!

Since the start of the school year Chandler has been refusing to take a nap. Every day I put him in his room for "nap time", but he WILL NOT go to sleep. He plays, bounces, talks, sings, and even waves at the passing cars from his window...but he DOES NOT fall asleep. So, every day I have to go in there and tell him he can come out of his prison and find something more constructive to do.

And... EVERY SINGLE DAY he will come out of his room, play for 30 minutes or so,and then he will FALL ASLEEP! It's so frustrating...but it has been pretty funny to see where and how he eventually falls asleep-LOL!

Any ideas on how to keep a stubborn 4 year old awake all day? Because, this whole "falling asleep in weird places at 5:00 p.m." thing is really starting to take a toll on our dinner time/bedtime routine.






* I have also found asleep UNDER the bed, in the closet, outside, curled up in the corner of the living room, under the dinning room table, and on top of a guitar case-LOL!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are GREAT!!!

I have no advice for you. . .kids do the strangest things.

Evely has been having problems at naptime too. I have discovered that if I put a cd player in her room, turn on bible songs and then set the egg timer, she will stay put. I tell her if she hears the timer "ding" she can come out and then I set it for 45 minutes. She usually falls asleep before then.

Can you give them melatonin in the middle of the day???

Amber said...

If only melatonin worked in the middle of the day. Because...you know...my kid needs to be on even MORE meds and crap-LOL!

However, I may have to keep my mind open to new "options" if there really is something out there that will make him sleep in the afternoon....hmmmmmmmmm

Faith said...

Wow, those pictures are funny. I have a picture of Becca asleep in her closet at our house in Raytown, I remember those days!

Anonymous said...

What??!!!

Keep him off the guitar cases! He weighs a metric ton!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!