Thursday, October 11, 2007

Here you go Karen...

8 things I’m passionate about:


- Following Christ
- My Family
- Learning to cook/ Good Food!
- Running (TNT)
- Healthy Living
- Coffee
- "Birth Stories" (As in the TV show... or just talking to people about their birth stories.... I know...I'm such a huge nerd!)
- Crunchy Living (Attachment Parenting, Nursing...wish I could be more "crunchy" most of the time)


8 things I want to do before I die:

- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Skydive
- Go to Italy
- Take cooking classes
- Become a doula
- Run a ultra (did I really just say that!)
- Take a REAL WEEK LONG beach vacation.
- Be pampered at a spa (hair, nails, massage, facial...never had a massage or a facial...that would be heavenly)

8 things I say often:
- Freak!
- Toilet water is NOT for drinking...
- Where are my keys?
- No...I will not fix you something different to eat.
- Not right now.
- Hurry up or you will be late for school!
- Who stinks?
- You're my favorite!

8 books I’ve recently read:
(HA! Like I've read 8 books recently...)

- Searching For God Knows What
- Helping Children With Autism Learn
- Green For Life
- The Mission of Motherhood
- When Godly People Do Ungodly Things
- Don't Let Pigeon Drive The Bus!
- Pigeon Finds A Hot Dog
- If You Take A Mouse To School

*Had to cheat a little on those last three books-LOL! Sorry don't have 8 (non- children) books...I'm more of an Internet reader.

8 songs I could listen to over and over:
(This one is too hard)

- Still haven't found what I'm looking for (U2)
- Held (Natalie Grant)
- Fields of gold (Sting)
- Lead Of Love (Caedmon's Call)
- Preachin' Blues (Derek Trucks Band)
- Every Monday (Marvelous 3)
- Hello (Sugarbomb) -GREAT running song :-)
- Before The Throne Of God above (Got to throw in a favorite hymn there, especially since a Marvelous 3 song made "the list")
- Can't let go (Landon Pigg...I know that's 9- he he)

*This list could go on...and on....and on....

8 things that attract me to my best friend:
(I should say here that I don't really have a "best" friend. But, I'll play along and say what I like about my friends in general.)

- Easy to be with...no complicated mind reading required ;-)
- Love to laugh
- Encouraging
- Knows me well enough not to take me too seriously.
- Will "hang out" at a moments notice.
- Listens to my rants about life, love, kids, running, how I hate my house, etc...and they still like me anyway ;-)
- Respects me
- Honest

8 things I’ve learned this past year:

- God really isn't as complicated as I was taught to believe He is (neither is "Church").

- My kids really will survive if I'm not right next to them holding their hand.

- A little butter in the pan with your oil will really caramelize onions perfectly (add a pinch of salt and tiny pinch of sugar after they are brown...wow!).

- When running "commando"....use more Vaseline then you think necessary (trust me).

- I'm a lot tougher than I give myself credit for.

- It's VERY hard to raise $4,000 for a charity cause...but SO worth the reward :-)

- The Kansas Speedway does allow charity solisitation (aka bead selling)...but only with prior approval ;-) However, it's not very easy to get said "approval" without a $365 race ticket (just in case you were wondering).

- Even though I LOVE wine....I don't "love" shiraz (too hard core for me I guess).


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, I love this blog ! I need to do that sometime...list things out and really take a look at my life, my priorities, and my faith. I am a bit emotional today for some reason...maybe because I talked to my sister last night and she is not feeling well already. so I should list things out like you did! You are MY inspiration! And I LOVE the Vaseline thing ! Oh my..how true that is! Desitin works well too! :-)
Jodi

Amber said...

Jodi-
Hey there! Sorry I never got to call you back the other night. I miss you! Are you coming to the run tomorrow? I still want to go out to coffee with you :-) I got to talk to Susan about Chicago, but I feel like I just need to give you a hug! What a crappy week!

I've been thinking about you and Julia a lot lately. I'll continue to pray that God will give your family comfort and strength during this time. Give Julia a hug for me.

This "Crazy Eights" thing was a little game my friend Karen wanted me to play. It was kinda fun! Although, with all the vaseline, wine, and "potty" talk it's kinda tough to feel like you are doing much to inspire...but thanks!

*Desitin....hmmmmmm.... :-0!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along, Amber. I'll have to check out some of your music - since I haven't heard of some of it.

maybe I'll see ya tonight??!!

Amber said...

Hi, Karen-

Glad you got to read my "list"-he he! I think I need to think long and hard about a top 50 song list...that would be fun!

Tonight? Jon said something to me like "Call Karen...I think they want to do something tonight". That's the kind of information I get from my husband.... So...call me :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh no you don't! Leave me out of that stuff. Tom called me yesterday and said he was gonna call Karen. That's the last I heard of anything. Very little info to go on...

Sounds to me like he's the one organizing it so defer to him.

Is my "management style" shining through a little to much here? :)

Amber said...

Just a tad....just a tad ;-)

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!