Thursday, June 11, 2009

What's For Dinner?

Again...I'm late on this, but I was too tired last night to do a "What's For Dinner, Wednesday" post. But, I have to share a favorite recipe that I fixed last night for dinner. Enjoy!

Spicy Tortilla Soup
Ingredients:

6 -8 cups chicken broth
15 oz. can
diced tomatoes
2- 10 oz. rotel tomatoes
1 small onion, chopped
half cup carrots, finely chopped
(I use a little more)
half cup celery, finely chopped
(I use more...)
juice from 2 limes
(at least...may need a little more)
1.5 tsp cumin
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
half cup cilantro
(or more if you LOVE it as much as I do!)
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
1 tsp garlic
1 small can sweet corn
1 can drained and rinsed black beans
Toppings:
shredded cheese
tortilla chips
avocado

1. Let all ingredients (except tomatoes, corn, beans and chicken) boil for 10 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, corn, black beans, and chicken.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Serve with chips, cheese and diced avocado

No comments:

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!