Monday, June 29, 2009

Not Me! Monday!

Oh....it's "Not Me, Monday" time again! Don't be shy, you can play along too! Or just go and see what MckMama and her 20,000,000 readers are up to!

So, last week I certainly did not giggle out loud when I opened our water bill and noticed it's gone DOWN about $10. That would certainly have nothing to do with the fact that I've been taking the kids to the swimming pool for weeks & considering them "clean" for the rest of the night (thus, negating the bedtime bath ritual) after a quick rinse (and sometimes a shampoo) in the locker room showers before we leave the pool ;-). Who knew skipping baths at home for several weeks would save that much on your water bill? Apparently, not me! I am also not exceedingly proud of the fact that we have not spent one single solitary dime at the concessions stand at said pool. This would not be because I have been packing a ridiculous sized cooler every time we go packed with water, fresh fruit, hummus & crackers, and nut butter sandwiches...oh, and diet Pepsi & Oreo's (for goodness sakes, did you really think I was that healthy!)!

I have also certainly not been obsessed with trying to get a tan for the first time in my whole adult life. Nope....everyone knows that getting a tan is sooooo bad for you and will surely give you skin cancer, so who in their right mind would want to do that??? Certainly not me!

Since we are not really being honest here, and I'm pretty sure my sister does not read my blog very often, I will also not tell you about what a bad auntie I was last night! I promise....I DID NOT let my kids and my 2 year old nephew watch 2 movies back to back last night while eating popcorn, grapes, and sugar cookies for dinner! They also did not go to bed at 10:30 (without baths or brushing teeth!)! Oh, goodness....I would never let that sort of thing happen while watching my sweet little nephew for his first ever cousin sleep over. Hehe! Nope not me!

4 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Sounds like you are the fun aunt to me! I would {never!!} do that with my nephew! I love the pool one, I'd so do that!

Anonymous said...

You always make me laugh!! I'm glad your summer had been so enjoyable!! How does a pool pass cost you guys? Ours are like 150-170ish...bleh! A seven year old just doesn't think a kiddie pool is quite as cool as the big pool-might have to suck it up and get the pass.
michaela

Amber said...

Michaela-
We bought passes at the new LS pool & they were not cheap($75 EACH/$300 for the family -Maya and Judah are free), but I've already got plenty of use out of them & apparently they are saving me a good deal on my water bill-ha! We are not really going on a vacation this year (other than fun stuff around town), so this was our splurge! :-)

zibaby said...

Amber

You crack me up! I'm real upset about Z staying up late at your house! Ha. It was probably the best night of his 2 1/2 year life. Yeah, I don't check your blog as often as I should, but even when I do, I rarely get to leave a comment b/c my computer freaks out on me when I try to do anything on it! My keyboard keys are even squeaking as I type! Ahh...a new computer can't come soon enough for me!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!