Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What's For Dinner, Wednesday's?

Whew! I'm barely getting this one in on Wednesday! OK...this is what we had for Dinner tonight-hope you try it :-).

THAI CHICKEN PASTA

-3/4 Cup Robusto Italian Dressing (Wish Bone)
-1 lb Skinless boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into thin strips.
-2 (generous) Tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
-2 Tbsp Honey
-2 Tbsp Tamari Soy sauce (I prefer Tamari soy sauce, but you could use regular soy sauce if you want.)
-1 tsp crushed red pepper
-1 8 oz bag fresh sugar snap peas (DO NOT use frozen!)
-12 oz pkg of linguine, cooked and drained

*1 Tbsp. Olive oil, and 1 Tbsp. of Mongolian Fire Oil (if you want an extra KICK in the pants!).

1) Pour 1/4 cup Italian dressing over cut up chicken, toss to coat. Cover (or throw it in a Ziploc bag). Refrigerate at least 1 hour (or all day while you are at the pool with the kids!). When you are ready to prepare the meal remove chicken from marinade; discard leftover marinade.

2) Mix remaining 1/2 cup dressing, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper with a wire whisk until well blended; set aside. Next, start a load of laundry....oh, wait- I just do that because my washer is next to my stove! I guess you can skip that part if you don't have the same convenience!

3) Heat olive oil and fire oil in a large skillet on med-high heat. Cook chicken about 5 minutes. Add snap peas; cook and stir for another 3-4 minutes.

*I have the pasta boiling while I do all this & then when the pasta is done cooking I lift it straight out of the boiling water and throw it in the hot skillet with the chicken and peas. The extra heat and steam from the pasta usually finishes cooking the peas!

4) Remove skillet from heat, pour dressing mixture over pasta, chicken and peas, toss lightly and serve!

**Just a hint. Did you know partially frozen chicken is MUCH easier to cut! I usually pull chicken from the freezer the night before (or morning of the meal) & put it in the fridge...BUT it's always frozen after several hours in the fridge! I started cutting it while it was semi-frozen and it was so much easier to slice it nice and thin that way. Try it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe! I can always use something new. Plus cooking new things never gets old. Thanks again.
My mom and i just started a blog you may check it out if you like.
http://funmommyfinds.blogspot.com

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!