Thursday, June 11, 2009

Music or No music?

I've been tracking my "stats" on my blog for a little over a month now & I've discovered that I have about 5 "regular" visitors to my blog (Thank you Jodi, Karen, Michaela, Jon, and Omaha Nebraska & Kansas City, MO....not sure who those two are, but they tie for 5th place?). After my 5 "regular" visitors I have anywhere from 50-80 other visitors (I have no idea who "they" are...I just get info about what city I get visitors from...as is the case with "Omaha" and "Kansas City") that float in and out from time to time. This means that my blog does not get much traffic & most of what I do get is friends and family.

Soooooooooo....my question for you is "Do you get annoyed with the player on my blog?". Do you hate it...love it? Originally I put it on my blog because I didn't have but 4-5 people that even knew about my blog, so I used it as my personal radio station & played my music while I was working on the computer. I'm thinking of taking it down, but I was curious to know what you think. I know it's a love/hate thing when it comes to music on blogs & I've noticed lately that a ton of blogs don't have music anymore, so maybe I'm behind the curve. If you care about this at all...or you've been dying to tell me you love/hate the music player, this is your chance! :-)

Thanks!

7 comments:

Amber said...

I visit your blog when you have new updates. Most of the time, I have the volume off on my computer, so it doesn't bother me! In fact, I didn't even know you had one til you mentioned it!

theresa said...

Amber, I'm a regular! So are my parents :-) I read it from Google Reader mostly now. I've wondered about this--that if people are reading it from reminders like Reader, then it takes away from your stats.

I'm kind of neutral on the music--I too usually have the sound turned off.

Amber said...

Theresa-
Hey there! I don't check my stats real often, but I wonder if it does catch you if you are reading my blog from Google Reader. I usually just scroll through a day or two of info to see where people are visiting from. Don't think I've ever seen your location on there...but I'll go check it today since I know you were on here :-).

I think I'm kinda attached to my music, but I could always move the player to the bottom of the page because it doesn't kick on until you scroll past it. That way it won't come on as soon as the page loads :-)

Jonathan said...

I'm the person from Omaha. Everything here at work is filtered through there. :)

Amazingly ridiculous: Every internet request & email travels 200 miles to the north and back just so it can arrive at the cube next to me.

Elisa Seaba said...

I personally like the music. I'm a regular...maybe i'm the KC person? I show up that way on some of my family's i think.

Amber said...

Babe-
Get out! I had no idea YOU were "Omaha". I thought maybe it was someone from the hotel days. That's funny :-). Wait a second...then who is OP? I thought that was you.

Elisa-
I think multiple people may be "Kansas City" because I don't get a huge variety of KC cities that show up on FEEDJIT. Hmmmm...interesting...... I'm still trying to figure out how to read all the info on my stat counter.

Faith said...

I am way behind on my blog reading, can you tell? LOL ... It goes back to that whole lazy mom thing.
FTR, I like music on blogs. It helps me to discover new music since I don't get out much! (wink)

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!