Monday, July 14, 2008

You know it's going to be a rough week when...

Your husband gets creamed by a moron running a stop sign ONE BLOCK from your home! Oh, and then said "moron" drives off!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, that's how our evening went. Jonathan was almost home from work when *BAM* some idiot ran a stop sign, hit him, then just took off! Another driver that saw the whole thing happen tried to chase the guy down while calling 911 on his cell phone, but the police never caught up with the guy that hit Jonathan. We got a license plate number, but that doesn't mean we know who the driver of the vehicle was.

Here is the damage...





























And the rest of the damage will be to our pocketbook if this guy is never found (or, if he is found and has no insurance...which is highly likely)! I'm so frustrated right now I could just scream (or cry...that's always an option too!). The car is probably totaled :*(. It was in great condition, drove fine, it was our bullet-proof "old reliable" & now it's toast! We only had liability on it because it's 11 years old and it's been paid off for quite some time. So, for now we are a one car family...and I have NO IDEA how that's gonna work over the long haul! We can't really just go out and buy another car right now either....(sigh).

Oh, and poor Jonathan...he got banged up pretty good too! If you will recall, he was in a pretty bad car accident last August & he had 6 months of physical therapy for that. This just made all his neck/back pain twice as much fun to deal with!














(This is Jon all happy-go-lucky on vicodin)

Our family is becoming "regulars" at the local ER! In fact, I just got Chandler's ER bill in the mail today. How lucky can one family get??

13 comments:

Faith said...

Oh Amber, I am so sorry to hear this. I am glad that IT wasn't worse. [What is wrong with people?! GRR]

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry!!!!!! How is Jon feeling now? I'm so sorry about your poor reliable trusty car. That's so sad!

Amber said...

Thanks, girls :-)

Somehow I kept it together yesterday, but when I woke up this morning I had to cry about all this crap that keeps happening to us. In the last month we have had one car accident, two ER trips, one visit to a high risk OB, and some "fun" dental bills being thrown back in our face! Some days it just seems like too much.

I don't understand it, but I do trust that God is still in control of all this. I had to just tell God that I'm gonna trust Him on this one & let it go. I have a huge peace about things tonight, so I'm going to just rest on that for now.

The good news is that Jon is OK, and ...it's just a car. There may be a little bit of hope in all of this too! Our insurance agent said for some reason we still had "un-insured motorist" coverage on the corolla (even though we dropped comprehensive on it years ago??), so they are sending out an insurance adjuster tomorrow & we may get something for old "Sally" after all (that was what I named the corolla when I bought her almost 10 years ago-hehe!). The police officer that handled the accident last night also called to tell us that they think they may still be able to catch this jerk. They traced the plate number back to a L.S address & they are just waiting to catch someone at home. Justice may not be dead-LOL!

Anonymous said...

I was in a wreck?

Anonymous said...

Praise God, Amber!!! It's so great how God works in the midst of hard times. I think that is when we see his hand the most - but it's definitely NOT fun!!

Glad you might get something for the car!

Anonymous said...

Well hopefully Jon got hit on the other side of his body this time.

Looks like he's ordering a pizza.

Anonymous said...

That was me, Tom

Anonymous said...

Oh and BTW, is it just me or does the spinning baby look like he's smelling something really bad?

Like maybe your luck(?)

Amber said...

Tom-

-Nope - Jon was hit on the same side of his body as the first wreck. Oh, and he was on the phone with John L. :-).

-I knew that was you without you even having to tell me so.

-You know, I have to give you credit for a few things here:

1)You are the only person that even notices or mentions my spinning alien baby.

2)Yes, alien baby does in fact appear to be smelling something foul (and it probably is our luck-ha!!).

3)I think you are the only male (besides my hubby) that reads this blog. So, I think it's only appropriate to let you know that I appreciate your attentiveness to the little details I put in my sidebar.

Anonymous said...

Ehh, Tom's right honey. I was hit on the right side last time. ;)

Amber said...

Does it really matter?

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, FEISTY!

Daddy like

!Muy Bueno!

Amber said...

Grrrrrrrrrr!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!