Monday, July 21, 2008

29.

Yep, it's true...I turned the big 2-9 yesterday. I can't say that I love the idea of being 29 just yet, but I guess I better enjoy these next 12 months since they are the last remnant of my 20's. The 20's were pretty good, but let's hope the 30's get easier-ha! Hey, at least I'll be able to say I had all my kids in my 20's. I always said I wanted to be done with the child-bearing years before I turned 30 & I should be about 99.9% sure that I'll get that wish granted ;-).

I had a wonderful weekend that included a hot date on Saturday night! I almost forgot that I'm 28 weeks pregnant, as big as a whale, and dangerously close to "middle-age"-eek! It's been SO LONG since Jonathan and I got to spend any time alone that I forgot how wonderful it is to reconnect with my sweet hubby. We had a great time, and once again I picked a fabulously cliche' choice of mexican food for my birthday dinner. That was totally the pregnancy cravings talking, as most years I choose something a little more....."unique" for my birthday dinner. After dinner we saw "Dark Knight" (yes...that was MY choice) & it was awesome! One of the best, most action-packed movies I've seen in a long time. Although, a word of warning for those who are not paying attention (like me), it's 3 HOURS long! Yeah, I didn't realize that going into it & my poor pregnant bladder was not happy once it was over!

Sunday was my actual birthday, and darn if I couldn't find anything to do! Too much fun the night before I guess :-). It was really hot so we ended up inflating the kids blow up pool & we all decided to soak up a little sun in the backyard. By mid-afternoon my parents and sister threw together a little birthday gathering for me & I indulged in some birthday chocolate!! Oh, and my parents bought me a new i-pod shuffle with the cute little clippy thing so that I don't have to tuck my old one into my sports bra anymore-ha! I LOVE it! Now I'll be ready to hit the trails with my favorite music again soon.

Mine looks like this:















Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of my birthday weekend, but that's what happens when you are the family photographer & it's YOUR birthday! I'll take another pregnancy belly shot soon and post that :-).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, happy 29! I remember a generation ago when I was 29, heh-heh-heh. The strangest thing is when you turn 30 only your mind thinks your older. Your body tells you you're still in your 20's. Unless you've had like 4 kids or something.

oh...

Amber said...

Ha! Funny thing is I remember when you were 29 too. I think I was in sixth grade or something like that. Boy, time sure flies doesn't it?

A few years ago my body still felt 21...then I had baby #3 and all of the sudden I felt "older". Lord only knows what #4 is gonna do to me! Thanks for pointing that out though, I appreciate the reminder ;-).

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I am glad that you didn't get sick, or have a car accident, or spend the evening in the ER with one of your kids! That is GREAT! And wow...to be 29 Again ! And 29 with 4 kids...you ARE Wonderwoman! I am just glad that you are doing well and that your Birthday was a good one! Miss you!
Jodi

Amber said...

I know...can you believe we actually made it through a special occasion without a disaster happening?? I still don't feel "29" just yet (whatever that's supposed to feel like??), so maybe that means the 30's won't hit me until I'm 40 ;-). I hope the fact that I have 4 little kids will help me me stay young for a while longer. It's kinda hard to think about getting older when you don't even have time to shower every day-LOL!

Miss you too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthdaaaaaay toooo YOUUUUUUUUU!!! Wow, 2-9!

I'm glad you guys got to go out and have a great time! the ipod thingy looks like a lot of fun! Anything that you put into your ears to tune out screaming and temper tantrums...and begging is a keeper!

Faith said...

Happy Birthday! Glad that it was a good one! I have that same ipod . . . well, I did until Neil took it over (for running, I guess it is helpful that way) and I have never seen it since. Oh well. See you soon. :-)

Amber said...

Karen-

Thanks! Yep, I'm totally excited about my new little gadget. For the next several months it will serve as my "screaming filter"-LOL!

Faith-
What? You need to re-claim your cute little i-pod and join me on a running adventure after this baby is born :-). Seriously, I'm really slow and I'll be totally out of shape by the time I can return to running, so don't even say you "can't" run with me! Hehe!! Do you think you will be here by early August?? Can't wait to see you again :-)

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!