Monday, July 07, 2008

4th Of July Weekend!

Sorry, but I don't have a ton of exciting pictures from the 4th...but we did end up finding some fun things to do :-). Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
FRIDAY
I REALLY, really, really wanted to go swimming on the 4th of July this year, so that's exactly what we did! My sister gave me a great suggestion for a fun pool to visit, and when we got there we found out it was FREE that day-woo hoo! Apparently this city was having a big festival that day & they had tons of stuff going on at the park next to the pool, and part of the 4th of July festival was free swimming passes for everyone.

This was a huge army helicopter on the lawn of the park next to the pool. People were able to walk through it and talk to the pilot. Pretty cool!











Then....we got to watch it take off!













Maya watching the helicopter take off. :-)


















Our whole family had a great time at the pool, and I'm so glad we decided to go. It's been forever since we have been swimming together & it was worth the effort to go to such a fun place. I was afraid we might get tired of the pool quickly...but we stayed for three hours and could have stayed even longer if we didn't have other stuff to do that day.

After the pool we ran home to pick up all the food I had prepared for our 4th of July feast (brisket, baked beans, homemade blueberry pie, watermelon, strawberries and cream, etc), and then we headed out to the grandparents house. On the way to my parents house I noticed Channy was not acting like he felt very good :-(. Sure enough, when we got to grandma's house he had a fever...poor little guy! He still managed to have fun all afternoon and evening, I just felt bad for him knowing he didn't feel good.

Chandler liked watching everyone set off fireworks while he just "chilled".

















He wasn't too sick to try some blueberry pie though!












Maya liked watching all the fireworks too.


















Um....but Zion didn't care for them so much-LOL!














McKenna was such a big girl this year. She got her own punk, and her own bucket of fireworks to set off. She wanted a little help at first, but then she enjoyed setting them off all by herself (supervised of course!).









Picking something from her "bucket of goodies" :-).


















After eating a ton of really yummy food and setting off buckets of fireworks, we packed up our lawn chairs and drove over to the dam by my parents house to watch the BIG fireworks show. It was a really cool night (how odd??), but it was a beautiful display! After all that fun packed into one day we came back to Nana and PaPa's house and crashed.......all night! Hehe! We didn't intend on spending the night, but when everyone fell asleep on the floor in the living room and playroom, I just covered them all up with blankets and went to the guest room to sleep :-). What a fun, and exhausting day!

Saturday
Saturday was just a lazy day for the White's, but we did manage to squeak in a fun pizza and movie party at the end of the night!

Getting ready for the movie to start. they can be too stinking cute sometimes!





































































SUNDAY
Well, you can't have a patriotic weekend without a "Red, White, and Blueberry Breakfast" now can you?
These were a special request from McKenna :-)













Everyone loved em'!













After our big breakfast we got some chores done around the house, and patched the small hole in our kiddie pool. We were intending on letting the kids have another "pool day" at home, but the dumb patch kit said it had to cure for 12 hours!! Seeing as we didn't have 12 hours to wait, we decided to go back to the pool we had gone to on Friday! This time we went for a "twilight swim" because Jonathan was a little too burned from Friday's fun in the sun. Once again we had a great time at the pool, and we even stayed until bedtime this time! We decided it was time to go when Maya had swallowed one too many gulps of pool water and puked up some Cheez-It crackers...in the pool-yuck!!

Oh, and just for you all I had Jonathan snap a "belly picture" so I can keep you updated on just how HUGE I am. *For the record: I don't think I'm all that "huge"...but everyone else seems to think I am & they have no problem letting me know exactly how they feel about my size!




















26+ Weeks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL
4th of July ! And those pancakes look delicious! Makes me hungry!
And also..I think you look great ! You are NOT huge! You just have a little pooch! Still that slim body everywhere else! I can't wait to see you in person! Thanks for sharing your 4th photos! I will have to tell you about my weekend of running/biking! See you soon!
Jodi

Amber said...

It was pretty wonderful holiday weekend! We did a whole lot of nothing (except eating-hehe!)...but sometimes that's the best kind of weekend! The pancakes were great, but I must admit they were not my famous homemade ones. However, if you add some flax seed meal & fresh blueberries to the "Complete Buttermilk Hungry Jack Pancake Mix" you can manage to make yourself feel slightly less guilty about eating 4 of them for breakfast!

Oh, you don't have to be so kind...I'm not exactly "small" & I know it. I just don't think I've reached the "whale-like" state just yet-LOL! I'm not hiding those 20+ pounds all in my tummy right now...and my extra booty will testify to that!

Anonymous said...

What a FUN weekend! I hope Channy's feeling better. Nothing worse than a having someone under the weather when there is a party going on.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!