Tuesday, July 08, 2008

We need a new vehicle, or........

One of these



Yes, yes...I know, we drive a beast of a vehicle, so why do I need this kind of seat? Well, it would appear that back in 2000 when they were making my particular brand of Ford Expedition, they didn't really expect anyone to actually use that tiny, removable, third row seat. Nor did they take into account things like "cargo space" if one did actually make use of that third row seat. So, the dilemma I'm left with is this....if I make use of said "teeny-tiny, useless-excuse-of-a-third- row-seat" then I severely short change myself in the cargo room department & I can only effectively transport 4 children, and 4 whole bags of groceries!

Now, this is not exactly do-able when you have a double stroller involved. Just where exactly am I supposed to put my $600/month rations from Sam's Club? At the minimum I walk away from that place with 5 gallons of milk, 8 boxes of cereal, 32 juice boxes, 75 granola bars, 4 lbs of butter, 2 lbs of coffee, 15 pounds of fresh produce, 20 pounds of meat, and a 140 oz jug of laundry detergent? Come on! I need my cargo space for all that crap! I know we really should just try to make the move to a mini-van to solve this problem, but do you wanna guess how many people are lining up to buy 9 year old gas-guzzlers like mine? Not many! With gas at $4.00/gallon I can't even afford my beast!

So, I've contacted the European makers of the Multimac seat and begged them to please, please, please start selling these puppies over here in the US. We will see if they listen.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That seat looks awesome. You DO need one of those.

Maybe you'll have to invest in a little pull behind trailer for your groceries. Or you could take out the front seat for grocery trips....nah, maybe not.

I'll pray you get to change vehicles. Besides...you gotta have that stroller with you too.

Anonymous said...

"Maybe you'll have to invest in a little pull behind trailer for your groceries."

Haha! That's really not a bad idea. Not the BEST idea, but not a bad one. I'm thinking of those 2'x4' flatbeds that slides into the receiver hitch. :)

Amber said...

Seriously....the trailer thing is going to become a reality if I have to use the third row seat in my car! It's completely stupid that I have a huge vehicle and I still can't fit what I need to in it because of a crappy design.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!