Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pregnancy cravings.....

With each pregnancy I've had some sort of salad obsession. With McKenna it was Chili's Chicken Cesar Salad. With Chandler it was On The Border's Steak Fajita Salad. With Maya it was Panera's Summer Strawberry Salad. With this baby it's my very own concoction that has me running to the store every week for ingredients. It's kind of a "oriental salad" of sorts with spring greens, Mandarin Oranges, Edemame beans, Garbanzo beans, red pepper, almonds, and a ginger sesame dressing. It's WONDERFUL! Add some sliced grilled chicken and you have yourself a full meal!















Some other pregnancy cravings I've had have been kinda funny because they are so "typical" pregnant girl stuff:

-Watermelon.
-Scrambled eggs and toast (almost every day!).
-Grapefruit Juice.
-Cheese....any kind!
-Steak.
-Guacamole.
-Chocolate chip cookies (homemade....only my recipe....and straight from the oven!)

It's no wonder I gain 50 lbs each pregnancy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That salad looked delicious ! I had a craving for Taco Bell Encharito's when I was pregnant with Josh. I don't remember any special cravings with Tiffany. Just everything! But I do have to say that you look amazing! It was good to see you Saturday! And thanks for posting! I was getting worried!
Jodi

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!