Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day Fun!

Of course it RAINED on Memorial Day this year (when does it not rain on Memorial Day?). However, that didn't stop the kids from going out in all the sloppy, muddy, yucky-ness & playing their little hearts out.















Maya and Evely had the most fun I think!


















Remember when finding a little frog in your backyard was like winning the lottery? McKenna must have played with this little guy for two hours straight. Ah, the simple pleasures of being a kid!















By the end of the day I think I must have washed dirty little feet no less than 20 times. The kids kept wanting to come inside which meant we had to wash muddy little piggy's EVERY TIME they came in! It got to be a bit comical by the end of the day.









*All in all it was a great day. Memorial Day was also "Big Papa's" 34th birthday!! I didn't get any pictures of the birthday boy with his red velvet cake (shame on me!), but I think he had a great birthday. I'm going to enjoy this next year when I can still say I'm in my "twenties" & Jonathan is now "mid-thirties"....it's a good feeling to say the least-LOL!

**A special thanks to Tom and Karen for hosting a great party. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun! The mud just added a lot of variety for the day, huh!

Thanks for sharing your bday with us, Jon!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!