Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's a........

Baby giant?? I had my "big" ultrasound yesterday and this baby is measuring about 1 week ahead of my due date & even a little "chubby" at that (10 oz)! The tech asked me how big my biggest baby was & when I told her 8 lbs, she kinda paused...then we told her our 8 pounder was a month early! She kinda laughed and then didn't say anything else. I'll be sure to thank my husband (who was a 10 lb, 4 oz baby) this October when I give birth to this giant without an epidural!

Other than this baby being "impressive" in size, everything else looked great! We saw the face, belly, heart, hands, feet, liver, lungs...all that cool stuff! We brought McKenna with us to the ultrasound, and she thought that it was so cool to see the "baby x-ray's".

Oh, and we saw one other thing too............................................
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
IT'S A BOY!




We are thrilled that Channy will finally get the brother he has been asking for! It will also be kinda fun to have two of each, since we are really, REALLY done after this baby. Oh, and just in case you are wondering, this baby will continue to be called "baby" until after it's birth since my husband seems to have some sort of baby naming aversion that causes him to act juvenile when the mention of naming our child comes up. He pretty much mocks the naming process by offering suggestions like "Larry, Daryl, and Daryl", "Stevie Ray", "Cletus", and "Percival". He does this every single time we have a baby! Unfortunately, this will most likely continue until the hospital hands us the birth certificate papers and makes us fill them out! So, wish us luck on the whole "naming" thing...because we are gonna need it!








This is me a few days ago, at 18 weeks :-).

12 comments:

Faith said...

Yeah!! That is awesome news! Congrats and good luck with the name thing! :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't think of any good names!

Hank?
Bobby?
Khan?
Cotton?
Beavis?
Rugby?
Mesa Boogie?
Sandwich?
Feta?

...So many good names there, but do you want any of them? Noooo...

Amber said...

I rest my case.....

Anonymous said...

YEAH !!! I am so excited for you! I wanted you to have a boy too! Not sure why... I guess because you will know have two of each! And you look GREAT! Just a little belly is all! I sure hope that you don't have a 10lb baby! YIkes... Both of mine were
9lbs.. and yeah like you..no epideral ! We are tough women huh??
Congratulations!
Jodi

Joyce Collins said...

Congratulations! Hey, I have a place you might enjoy reading about motherhood.
http://www.outofthegrayportraits.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

I may be tough...but I don't have to like it! I was just telling Jonathan the other day that I don't think I'm really looking forward to the whole birth process (while he looked at me with a blank stare). Yet...I choose not to do the whole epidural thing, so I guess I kinda do this to myself-LOL! At least it's pain with a purpose :-).

I'm gonna have to bring a baby name book to our girls night & get some suggestions. As you can clearly see I'm getting no help from Jonathan!!

Anonymous said...

Mohammed?

Hey, it's the worlds most popular name. A billion ragheads can't be wrong...

Amber said...

Joyce-
Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out later today. I hear you have little "Z" today while Tricia has her procedure done. Where is Jeremy???

Amber said...

Jonathan-
You are the only person who thinks you are being funny....

I'd rather go with Chandler's suggestion of "Chaotic Power Hour" before I went with "Mohammed".

Anonymous said...

Chaotic Power Hour????

Yeah!!!! Amber, how exciting to have another little boy. How precious! Get that McKenna working on a name. She did good with the last one.

You look so cute with your bump!!

Amber said...

I've been trying to beg McKenna to come up with a good name this time & she is about as much help as her father right now. So far she has offered up "french fry", "george", "skittle", and "tooty"....(sigh)...

I'm on my own on this one I guess.

Tom said...

Hey I looked at that 3-D baby spin thing and it sure looks like an Allen Edward White to me.

Allen Eddie
Big Al
Easy Eddie
Big Ed
A.E. Frozen Yogurt
Titan A.E.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!