Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Thoughts, and some pictures.

I must say, this Easter was one of our best years ever! We had a wonderful weekend, with plenty of great memories from time spent with our family. I think one of the things that made it so wonderful was the fact that we were so "free" this year. I don't want this to come across the wrong way, but this was the first year that we were not committed to something Church-oriented & it was wonderful! We actually enjoyed Easter for once - imagine that.

For me, it really was a time of reflection on what Christ did for me. Now for my guilty confession...we didn't even go to Church Easter morning (faint.....gasp...I know, I know...). We did take some time as a family to read about the resurrection & we shared the Lord's supper with my family on Easter day (with our meal...the way it used to be done). It was a refreshing change to the days of old when were stressed out to the max on Easter morning because we had to be at Church to fulfill some duty or obligation. I don't know if I can ever do that to myself again. Now, I'm not saying we will never go to Church on Easter Sunday again (not at all!). However, I will be careful about filling my calendar on resurrection Sunday with a bunch of things that don't matter. I liked having time to focus on what does matter.......the risen savior! Can I get an AMEN? :-)



Anyway....enough about that. Here are a few pictures from Easter Sunday.

Maya with her Easter Sunday breakfast :-).

My sweet McKenna. It's kinda hard to see her cute little dress under that sweater. It was a little chilly this year for the sleeveless look.

"Mooky-Girl's" little dress. (She's not really into looking at the camera these days).

Chandler got some cool shades in his Easter basket.

My annual attempt at a "3 Little Whites" Easter Sunday picture. Sigh....one day it will happen...one day....
(How about that giant marshmallow egg in Chandler's cheek? Gotta Love that!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics of the kids. Love Maya and her crying face in the last picture. Someday you will look back and not be so mad they won't cooperate. At least that is what I tell myself.

What a neat thing to experience doing communion with your family at home!!! Great idea.

Faith said...

That picture is hilarious and will be so great to look back on. I love hearing about what is going on in your home, and in your head. ;-)

How is the book reading going? I feel like I am reading a history book, it is very cool!

Amber said...

Hey, Karen-
You know, it's become a joke around here that we will NEVER have a family picture taken because it's impossible to get everyone's attention at the same time. I actually put a horrid family picture in my MIL's Christmas album, because, well... that's my family! That just about sums it up. Everyone was looking in a different direction and Maya was crying (big surprise!). When Brandi saw it she couldn't stop laughing :-)

The communion with my family was neat. Although, we had to keep filling the kids cups, and putting more bread out while my Dad read the Bible. They sure can slam the grape juice in a hurry ;-).

Amber said...

Faith-
I'm going to start a collection of all my attempts at my family pictures. It's down right hilarious at times :-)

The reading is slow-going. My mom keeps giving me more stuff to read, and I have major ADD when it comes to stuff like that! I need to go back and re-read some of Pagan Christianity again. The more I got into the book I started to worry about telling you to read it! I know it's sounds a little negative towards the "Church" at times, but I'm keeping my mind open because I'm so fascinated by what he has to say. That's also the place I'm at in life right now. I'm kinda done with doing things the same way I've always done them (if you can't tell from recent posts-ha!).

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!