Monday, March 03, 2008

Flu Bug's, Pneumonia, Bronchitis...OH MY!

It's been one LONG couple of week at the White manor. Starting on the 21st of February everyone (except McKenna) came down with a horrid "bug" that spread like wildfire and caused the worst flu-epidemic known in White family history! In the end the worst casualties were Jonathan and Chandler. Jonathan got bronchitis & Channy ended up with pneumonia :-(. Folks...it was ugly around here!

At one point we had to call in reinforcements (known as "Me-Maw & Pa-Paw"). My parents had to make a midnight run to the grocery store for food and medicine, because we were all so weak and sick that no one was able to move...let alone go to the store! We are slowly (ever so slowly) returning to normal & I hope that by the weekend we will all have our strength back.

Did I mention that I hate winter? Because I do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
I hope you know that On my last post I wasn't laughing that you guys were sick!! Your post just made me laugh because it was exactly the way I 've been feeling about winter!! Anyway, just wanted to clarify. I am glad that you all are getting better.
misty

Anonymous said...

So I was going to comment last week but the thought of going down stairs, sitting at computer, and moving was mind blowing because I had the flu too! It is miserable on ever level!! So I can't imagine having all of the kids sick at the same time-MAN!! I am praying for recovery for all of you guys!! I really miss you and when everyone is up and running lets promise to get together! -michaela

Amber said...

Oh, Michaela! I'm so sorry you had to go through the nasty flu stuff too! We are all finally better now...but man that was no fun!

This is the second year in a row my little Channy has had pneumonia! I was thinking of you the day I took him to the Dr because we almost got to go to Children's this time because his O2 levels were so low (88-89%). Talk about scary! Not quite as scary as what you went through with Harrison's RSV bout...but enough to make me a nervous wreck that day! The nurse didn't believe he was that sick because he was still being "Chandler".

Yes...we need to get together soon!

Amber said...

Hi Misty!

Oh, I knew you were just commiserating with me! It's been a crappy winter & I don't think I know ANYONE who hasn't had enough of all the cold/sickness crap. It's time for spring!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!