Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Big Preschooler!

Ahhh....my "baby girl" is growing up! It was a little bittersweet yesterday when I took Maya to her first day of preschool. This marks the beginning of so many changes for both Maya and me! I don't think I'll ever get over how quickly these years seem to fly by. I had this flood of deja vu while walking down the same familiar hallways of the preschool once again. My mind was immediately brought back to 4 years ago when I was taking McKenna to her first day of preschool.

Back then I had a 5 week old baby Maya & I couldn't believe I was dropping off my firstborn for her first day of preschool. Yet, here I am again! Once again, I have a baby on my hip (or a stroller) as I march my little trooper down the long hallways to her classroom. Once again, I worry about how my little girl will behave. Will she play nice? Will she listen to her teacher? Will she eat the little lunch I packed? Will she cry? Will she have fun? Will she even miss me with all the fun stuff there is to do? Even though I'm a bit more "seasoned" this time around it's funny how I still worry about my kids when they embark on all of their "firsts". I guess some things just never change!

However....one thing that WAS quite different was Maya's reaction to her first day of preschool! Unlike her older sister, she showed NO sign of trepidation as she boldly marched into her new classroom & greeted her first day of school with all the surety of a first grader! I would expect nothing less from my confident little social butterfly! If you know Maya at all you are laughing right along with me! It's just so..."Maya" to show no sign of fear when it comes to this sort of thing! I love that about my little girl!!


















3 comments:

theresa said...

Hard to believe I held that little girl when she was only a few weeks old! And look at all that hair on Judah!

Becky Fyfe said...

Aww! My 4 year old daughter has that same backpack! She just turned 4 this month and start her first year of "big girl school" this September. And her brother, who will be turning 3 this Sunday, starts his first day of preschool (2 mornings a week) this September. They grow so fast!

Anonymous said...

Amber you are right...she does not looked scared AT ALL! She is such a "Big" little girl! Sooooo sweet! Maybe you are going through baby withdrawals and that is why you have no energy! ??! You are not used to the 'relaxed' life! Enjoy..and keep resting when you can! You did have a busy summer you know! Chasing 4 kids around! :-)
Hope to see you running with us again soon...but understand about the Sat. morning sleeping in !!
Miss you!
Jodi

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!