Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Me! Monday.

Oh, boy......do I have the list this week! I'm sure there are many more things I could add to this weeks "Not Me" list, but I've got to pace myself-haha! I'll just share with you a few things that come to mind right off the bat, but I don't even want to dig to deep this week because I know I committed way too many mommy offenses last week while we were on vacation ;-).

-I promise you I have not had lab orders from Judah's 9 month appointment sitting on my computer desk for almost 3 weeks. I HAVE NOT put that on my "to-do" list every week & then ended up scratching those plans because I dread taking 4 kids to a teeny tiny Quest lab where I get to wrestle an angry, screaming baby, and try to hold him still while some incompetent phlebotomist tries in vain 5 or 6 times to draw his blood. No.....I'm a good mommy that cares deeply about getting his CBC and lead levels back.

-I did not go almost a month in between sheet washing days, only to FINALLY strip all the beds this morning after I was tired of looking at all the stains on my kids bed sheets from their dirty little "flip flop feet". Who makes their kids beds every single day for weeks on end knowing the sheets are dirty? Really...that's just gross!

-I did not perfect using the bathroom with Judah still strapped in the sling because it was just too much trouble to take him in and out all the time while we were visiting the zoo. Nope....not me!

-I did not vow to clear the house of junk food only to buy a package of double stuff mint Oreo's, a huge box of kettle corn, and a gallon bucket of jelly beans for our Drive-In movie night. Those calories don't count if your on vacation...right?

-I did not forget to pack a pair of underwear for myself the last time we went to the pool & decide to just change into my clothes anyway and leave "commando style" and spend the rest of the evening that way because I thought to myself : "why dirty a pair of underwear if you don't have to".

-I have not left my child's puked-filled car seat out on the back porch since Saturday because I just can't face the music and go out there and power wash the puke out of all the crevasses. I did not let the car seat get rained on overnight & secretly hope that the rain may have washed away the majority of the puke chunks. I realize this means I may need to purchase a new car seat, but honestly I'm having a hard time caring about that!

-I did not SCREAM at my child to "STOP SCREAMING!!". I lead by example all the time ;-).

-I have not skipped going to the gym for 6 weeks "just because". I also have not tried to analyze my lack of motivation for going to the gym & come to the conclusion that it's just too much work with all 4 kids most days. I mean....that's really no excuse, so I need to think of something better don't you think?

-I did not do 6 loads of laundry yesterday and STILL wake up to 4 more loads staring me in the face today.....(sigh).

5 comments:

theresa said...

No worries, Amber. I haven't been to the gym in 9 months. I always used the bathroom with little Clayton in the joey pocket...I say "little" because that was when he was 2-3 months old. You deserve kudos for managing that task with a 9 month old!

Also, Clayton's poo once leaked when he was sleeping in his car seat. It went out of his leg and down the hole where the seatbelt emerges. Nice.

Btw, looks like I'm "Reston, Va" on your traffic feed, although that's really not close to where we live.

theresa

Amber said...

You know, I think I just really needed to "fess up" to all that stuff yesterday...it got me motivated. Would you believe I washed EVERY SINGLE set of bed sheets, went to the lab, the grocery store, got Judah's labs done, AND....at 10 pm last night I took apart that stinkin' car seat & washed the cover & soaked the straps!!! Woohoo!! Still didn't make it to the gym, but that's what another day is for...

Amber said...

Ummm....I only went to the lab ONCE -hehe!

theresa said...

Good for you! I'll give you credit for going twice :-)

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Love the post and that you can be such a great mom and wife! And did a mention a great friend! :-)
Jodi

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!