Monday, June 30, 2008

My Big 5 Year Old!

I can't believe my little guy turned 5 years old last week. Man, time really flies when you have little ones! Chandler's actual birthday was last Thursday (the 26th), but the BIG celebration was this weekend. Our family started a little "tradition" of going to the T-Rex cafe' for our kids 5th birthday, so this year it was Channy's turn! He has been talking about his birthday for MONTHS and when the day finally arrived he was way excited about it! He told everyone he saw it was his birthday & that he was going to the T-Rex cafe'. This was so huge for him, and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed watching him get so excited about turning 5 :-). It was fun to let the excitement & anticipation build until the big day arrived.

Well, Saturday was the day! And man did we have fun!! We started off the day by taking all the kids to see "WALL-E". It was a cute movie, and the kids even got free "Wall-E" watches because it was the opening weekend. We bought a giant popcorn and coke and let the kids have at it...they ate every last kernel! I think Maya ate the most, which would be a first for her.

Right after the movie we swung back by our house to pick up the cake I made for Channy....

Too cute, huh?

















Then, it was off to the T-Rex cafe'!
"Nana and PaPa" came along too.












Chandler and "Dexter".


















The big ol' brontosaurus above our table.














Channy and McKenna checking out a giant "three horn".













Me and Maya looking at the fish.














Chandler wanted a little help with his candles.
**************************************************
The fun didn't end after lunch...oh, NO! Nana a Papa let Chandler go into the "Build-A-Dino" workshop & make his very own dinosaur buddy. He got to pick everything out all by himself.

Do you think he is just a little excited?













Giving his new dino a "fluff up".













Picking out the "perfect" outfit and accessories.













*Just a cute side note: When it came time to make the "birth certificate" for Chandler's dinosaur Jonathan asked him what he wanted to name him & without even a moments hesitation Chandler replied "Kevin". Uh...OK..."Kevin" it is??? Where does this kid come up with this stuff? To my knowledge we don't know any "Kevin's" personally, nor was I aware that Chandler had ever heard the name "Kevin", or was even particularly fond of the name. Weird??? But, "Kevin" it was...and there was no question about that!

After the "Build-A-Dino" the fun still wasn't over. We had to do some digging for fossils & some gem mining before we left ;-).

McKenna was enjoying her little brother's birthday quite a bit.













Chandler and Maya were quite the team!













"Come on Maya....just do what I do"













After a long and eventful Saturday we all crashed as soon as we got home! Then....it was on to party #2 with the rest of the family on Sunday! This time we were a little more low key & we just mainly played at a park and ate some "Wall-E" cupcakes.

The highlight of Chandler's afternoon came when Mommy and Daddy gave him his "BIG" birthday gift. A TRANSFORMER OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER MASK!!

Apparently, there is nothing cooler to a five year old little boy than getting to don an OPTIMUS PRIME mask that can change your voice into that of a robot. This was a little slice of heaven for Chandler!









Finally, after 3 long hours of park fun (and "voice changing" fun), we headed over to our other favorite place to celebrate special occasions...Misky's pizza!

What a weekend! I'm pretty sure this will be a birthday Chandler will remember for some time. I'm also pretty sure that "Kevin" and the Optimus Prime mask are going to be Chandler's two favorite toy's for a looooooooooong time to come!

"Robots, transform and roll out!"


















"Kevin"...the coolest Velociraptor ever!


















"Optimus Prime" & Kevin...Best Friends Forever! :-)

6 comments:

Faith said...

How fun! When I was prego with Spencer, Evan kept asking me to name the baby Kevin! I thought about it. For about 3 seconds, LOL.

I love the picture of you with Maya! Gorgeous!

Amber said...

I was just about to add a little statement to the end of this post letting everyone know that "Kevin" will NOT be considered in the naming process of baby #4 LOL! Sure, it's a better choice than "chaotic power hour" and "Stevie Ray"....but, I just can't go there. I know we let McKenna name Maya, but Chandler is not coming up with any winners so far.

I like that picture of me and Maya too! She was being so cute that day :-).

Anonymous said...

Amber it sounds like you had a great weekend celebrating Chandlers Birthday! That is so awesome. ANd I love all the pictures! I wish my kids were 5 again! :-) I was just about to ask if KEVIN was the name of Bayb #4. Hhhmm... guess not. Ok... my co-workers neice just had a baby boy yesterday and here is the name: Jax Aiden .... hhhmmm different. GOOD LUCK!
THanks for sharing your photos!
Jodi

Anonymous said...

What a FUN weekend! I can't believe Chandler is five....when I read all of that I realized that Jaden is going to be five in a few months. Weird!

Love the pics. He looks so excited. Five is such a huge birthday for a kid; one they usually remember.

I think Stevie Ray is quite the name! hee hee. We miss you guys!

Amber said...

Jodi-
Nah, you don't wish your kids were 5 again...you know you love 21 more than 5-ha! Honestly, I love this phase my kids are in because their worlds are still so small and new & everything is exciting when you are only 5 years old. After that experience on Saturday I can't imagine what taking them to Disney World is going to look like someday (I just hope we can go while they are still young)!

Jax....hmmmm....that's the second time I've heard that name in the last couple of months. It must be gaining popularity. I actually liked the name Aiden when I was pg with Chandler, but then I found out it meant "fire/fierce" and for some reason that made me not want to use that name anymore. Last thing I needed was a "fierce/fire-like" child to deal with-ha!

Amber said...

Karen-
It WAS a great weekend! We saved up for a long time to do all that with Channy & it was so fun to see him enjoy it all so much. 5 is really "magical" isn't it?

Jaden....5??? NO! For some reason that is hard to believe! Where did our little baby boys go? I still remember when you had Jaden....and that can't possibly be 5 years ago!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!