Monday, June 23, 2008

Little Boys Sure Are Expensive!

Last night, while enjoying an evening cookout at my parents house, my little guy ran into trouble once again! In a freak "deck accident" Chandler wound up with a 6 inch shard of cedar decking embedded in the bottom of his foot. Ouch!!! As much as we tried (and we tried really, really hard!), that hunk of wood was NOT coming out of his little foot! So....off to the ER we went!

The good news is this ER experience was 1,000 X's better than our last 5 hour ER debacle (the dog bite!)! We were in and out in just over an hour! It only took one "restraint" board, two nurses, two parents, one doctor, one numbing shot, and a scalpel to remove that piece of wood from Channy's foot, but we eventually got it out! Not without some trauma, and bloodshed...but we did succeed :-).

Looks like someone might be getting an extra transformer for his birthday this Thursday! He was such a brave little guy...much more so than his mommy! I think I'm more traumatized than he is-LOL! Nothing is as sad as seeing your "baby" in pain like that. I wanted to cry the whole time, but I held back knowing that would only scare him more. Ugh...having boys is going to turn me completely gray really, really soon!!

Jeez....I'm beginning to think we should just have Nana and Pa Pa over to OUR house from now on! It would appear that each visit to the grandparents house ends in some sort of trip to the ER for poor Channy!

No comments:

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!