Thursday, April 24, 2008

What have I done?

Today, I did a very bad thing. I let my 2 year old have a Ho Ho. You know...the chocolate cake rolled with creamy filling. What have I done? It was a moment a weakness that I'm sure I will soon come to regret.

As it is her entire diet consists only of string cheese, grapes, bananas, cheese-it crackers, yogurt, Pb&j and the occasional bowl of mac-n-cheese. The child does not eat meat or vegetables of any kind. But I'm pretty sure she would sacrifice her right arm for a cupcake, or even just a handful of M&M's. Yes, she has her mothers cursed "sweet tooth".

Well, at least I got some cute pictures of her Ho Ho dreams coming true...
The first bite....
Pure delight!
Now, that's the stuff dreams are made of.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what I would do for a hoho right now! YUMMY !!
Jodi

Amber said...

If it makes you feel in better, I had one too (it's been years since I've tried one) & it was just "OK". Not quite as good now as they were when I was a kid-hehe!

Anonymous said...

Well...I had to buy some at the store last night because I saw this posting and pictures! I will give you a little hint that I think makes them 10 times better. Stick them in the Fridge! They are cold and a little bit hard...oh boy. They are much better that way !!
Jodi

Amber said...

Ha! You are too funny! Hmmmm, maybe I'll have to throw a few in the fridge and try it again (like I need to be eating this crap right now!).

Anonymous said...

gross.....I hate ho ho's and twinkies.

Glad Maya is enjoying hers!!

Amber said...

Karen-
Well, I will say that the hostess cakes are going waaaaaaaaaaay down on the list the older I get. They really have very little appeal with each passing year. I really hate even buying them, but every time I go to the bread store the kids want some sort of lunchbox treat & I give in.

I used to make all my own cookies and cupcakes, but ingredients are so freaking expensive now that it's just cheaper to buy a dumb box of ho hos! But....I really should get back to making the homemade stuff...it's so much better for you.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!