Monday, April 14, 2008

Bins and Bellies!

What an exciting life I lead! Wanna know what I did this weekend? Well, I'll give you a little hint.....

Yup! I forced my poor hubby to sort through boxes, bags, and mountainous piles of children's clothing that had been taking up way to much storage room in the closets. We sorted, folded, and placed the clothing neatly into 12 carefully labeled storage bins! To accomplish this huge task we stayed up till 1 in the morning this past Saturday! Why so late? Well, because you can only do this sort of organizing while small children sleep...otherwise you would have waaaaaaay too much extra "help".

Jonathan really loves the 7 month nesting phase I go though every pregnancy :-). I think the outdoor siding needs cleaning next.....oh, and the garage floors will get a good washing too! You think I'm kidding...but I'm not! You know what the best part of all this "nesting" is (besides a really clean home)...my sweet hubby actually helps me with it! I love to do "projects" in the Spring, and now that I'm pregnant that urge is just magnified 100x more! So, the next time you see Jonathan, just sympathize with him (because he's gonna be really busy this Spring)!

Oh, and for my out of town friends...here is your "belly" picture.

pregnancy calendar

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! I thought I had a lot of bins, but you've got me beat on that one.

Cute belly picture! I definitely are looking like something is cookin'.

By the way, Julian thinks you should name the baby "Danny". I have no idea why. He just said it was a cool name.

Amber said...

And the sad part is I REDUCED my kid clothing inventory by about 75%last summer when I had that HUGE garage sale! (sigh....) I don't even know how we collect all this, because I'm sure not a "shopper". I guess my mom does more damage at garage sales then I realize!

Danny, eh? Hmmmm...now what made him think of that? Too funny :-). I'm still trying to get McKenna to come up with another name since she did such a great job naming Maya!

Anonymous said...

Our son's name is: Stevie Ray

Amber said...

NO...it's not!

Anonymous said...

YES, it is.

Stevie Ray.

Has a good "Talledaga Nights" ring to it...

Amber said...

NO...it's not!

Unless you are going to promise to dress our child in NASCAR/Disney character clothing for the rest of their life! If we must name our child "Stevie Ray" then they need to have the appropriate white trash look to go with the name ;-).

Anonymous said...

Amber you are too cute! What if you are having TWINS !! :-) And I have some bins that look like that but they are full of kids school stuff from Kindergarten through High School. Charlie told me I needed to get rid of it! I said NO WAY! They are very nicely packed and labeled. I am not ready yet! :-) "stevie Ray" ..hhmm... Well...good luck with that one!
Jodi

Amber said...

Nope...no twins! I've already had one sonogram & there was just one little bean :-). Just wait until my 7th month...that's when everyone is SURE it's twins-ha! I get big....it's just the way I like to do this pregnancy thing ;-).

I can assure you Jonathan is not going to win the naming battle!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!