Saturday, December 22, 2007

Thank goodness I'm going to FLORIDA for this marathon!

I'm only three weeks away from my marathon now...YAY! Training has been really tough with the bad weather this season...but I've managed to survive despite the freezing rain, sleet, snow and ice! Although to be completely honest the horrid weather has brought out the worst in me. I've been one grumpy lady out on the trails & even been forced to curse a time or two at the crappy conditions I've had to run in (oh, please....you would cuss too if you busted your butt on the icy pavement!). However, I'm happy to announce that the hardest part of my training is winding up now. For the next few weeks we will begin to taper (ahhhhh...). Of course, I still have the marathon to run now, but at least I get to go to Florida for that :-).

I leave you with this lovely picture of me taken right after last weeks 20 miler in the freezing temps and snow. What fun!


Yes...that's ICE frozen to the front of my jacket (smile).

Notice how many cars are left in the parking lot (um....mine...and MINE)....it was quite a popular day to hit the trails.

My fearless running partner! Without Jodi I would have gone home after the first 10 miles (but she forced me to continue on-ha!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are some crazy girls aren't we?? We won't know how to run in Florida ! It won't be the same as the ice, snow, rain and 20degree weather. But..I will take the Florida sun...at about 50 while running and 80 when we are done! :-) I could not have done any of those cold nasty days without you! YOu are the BEST! THANKS SO MUCH !!
Jodi

Amber said...

Crazy may not touch what we have going ;-)! I've had lots of moments when I asked myself why I was doing what I'm doing. However, there really is something "crazy" that happens in my mind when I get out on the trails. Somehow it makes it all worth it to be able to enjoy the beauty of nature and time spent with good friends!

I also like knowing that I'm out there running 10-15-20 miles on a Saturday morning when most people are still in their PJ's. It's a satisfying feeling I guess.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!