Monday, December 03, 2007

My big girl turned 6!

Last week McKenna turned 6 years old! It's hard to believe that the little baby I was holding just yesterday is now a big 6 year old. She has grown up so fast....too fast if you ask me. Every time my kids have a birthday I ask myself "how did another year just go by?". If you ask me that's one of the hardest things about being a mommy. They grow up too fast.



Anyway....McKenna had a great birthday & we had a fun time celebrating as a family. On the morning of her birthday I let her pick out what she wanted me to fix her for breakfast. She picked my famous "Blueberry Crumble" muffins (I had to wake up an hour early to get those made...that's usually a weekend treat). We even put a candle in her "birthday muffin" and sang "happy birthday" to her.






After breakfast McKenna got dressed in her new cute outfit from auntie Tricia :-).



...then it was off to school where she got to be "queen of the classroom" for the day-hehe!










-That evening McKenna picked "Build-A-Bear" as her birthday present from Jonathan and I. So, we went out to the mall to create a fuzzy new addition to McKenna's growing stuffed animal family. She was SO excited when we got there!

The bear...

the stuffing....

the fluffing...

Even Chandler got in on the action!

















The last stop for the evening was a birthday dinner at "On The Border" (...off the map). McKenna was so cute at dinner. She was just so excited because she knew people were going to come out of the kitchen and sing to her! She even got to try a new taste sensation...sopapillas!















***************************************
*This year, McKenna wanted to help make her own birthday cake, so we took our cake supplies over to some friends house this weekend and let McKenna and her friends go crazy. They did a really good job & I think this was one of McKenna's favorite birthday cakes!





God had something to say
So He sent an Angel my way.
A baby girl to love
Directly from Heaven above.
McKenna; So happy and carefree
No greater love could there be.
As I watch you grow each day
I know God sent an Angel my way


1 comment:

Faith said...

She is precious!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!