Friday, December 21, 2007

The Nutcracker Ballet

Last week my mom took us to the Nutcracker ballet & it was beautiful! We took the girls two years ago (too pricey to do every year!) & it was so much fun that we decided to make it a tradition. This year was just as magical...if not more so! This is the sort of thing I always said I wanted to do if I ever had girls & it was just like a dream come true that day. We had so much fun that I can't wait until Maya is old enough to go too.

Here are a few pictures from our day.


In front of the Music hall.

Getting ready for the ballet to start!

Cute little hands.

After the show we found a kind stranger who took our picture :-).

My little ballerina.


After the ballet we took the girls out to their first fancy restaurant. It was so cute seeing them enjoy such a "grown-up" experience.

The gingerbread houses at Crown Center.

One last picture by the pretty Christmas trees.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, They are sooo cute, just want to squeeze them. I love the pic of all four of you. My very favorite is of McKenna in front of that tree with her back to us. So sweet!

What a fun tradition!! I would love to take Ev when she is older.

Amber said...

I smiled so much that day my mouth hurt! They were just too precious :-). It's worth every penny if you ever get to do this with Evie. Although, I think 4 is the earliest I would try it. It's a 2.5 hour ballet & I think the girls enjoyed it more this year because they were a little older.

Anonymous said...

McKenna is BEAUTIFUL!! I have missed you guys so much this year-like a ton but I know that you are busy with all your training stuff so I'm patiently waiting until the big marathon is over and then I think we should plan a girls weekend. Anyway, I love the pictures and am so envious of getting to go to the Nutcracker! I love you and am praying for your upcoming marathon- can't wait to see the pictures from that! Try to find the guy in the ballerina outfit again- too funny!-michaela

Amber said...

Hi, Michaela!
I was so excited to see a comment from you! I miss you guys so much! All of my hard training is over now so I'm much more open on the weekends. Let's get something on the calendar soon :-)

Anonymous said...

Amber what a great tradition you and your mom have started. ANd the girls look so beautiful! How fun! I am so glad that you enjoyed this time together!

Jodi

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!