Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Holiday Happening."

*OK...in a way I hate that my kids school had to call the CHRISTMAS program a "Holiday Happening" but....whatever. God forbid we offend anyone. Moving on...

This was Chandler's first Christmas program & he did really well. He was super cute too! I didn't think he would actually stay up on the stage, but he DID! And, yes...I was the super annoying parent sitting in the middle aisle blocking people's way so that I could get a better shot of my kid (and I don't regret it-ha)!

Trying to find his place on stage.

Singing! I got the cutest video clips of him singing. If I can get them posted on youtube I'll share them with you on here :-).

After the program the school had activities for the kids. They had so much fun. Chandler NEVER plays with play-dough at home, but I guess it's more exciting at school ;-).

The girls really got into the action. Looks like I've got myself some good Christmas cookie helpers this year.

Santa! This would have been a super cute Christmas card...but Maya WOULD NOT have anything to do with Santa-ha!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anjelia won't go near Santa.

Seeing your kid on stage is such a proud moment. I always feel like I could just bust, even when they aren't participating. One of my girls kept pulling her skirt up over her head during one performance. When Elaina graduated from pre-school she announced to everyone that she wanted to be a monkey when she grows up! All proud moments!!

Anonymous said...

The kids had their program at church last night and it was so funny! Joseph was hysterical. Every time he got into the spotlight he started doing this weird dance with lots of pelvic thrusts. One guy forgot his line and was supposed to say "I'll pay you whatever" and he said I'll pee you whatever".

Great pics!!! Love all the festivities. Chandler looks excited about his candy cane.

Anonymous said...

"...One of my girls kept pulling her skirt up over her head during one performance."

...Amber still does that...

Anonymous said...

Jonathan... you are so funny! Amber didn't you ever grow out of that stage?? Oh yeah.... you are still soooo young!! Love the photos of your kids putting up the tree and of the Christmas program. My son was so terrified of Santa. But not Tiff. SHe has no fear. Thanks for sharing your proud moments. You too Jonathan! :-)

Anonymous said...

I want to see the pic of Amber with her dress over her head. . .

Amber said...

Julie-
It was a proud moment :-) I LOVE that Elaina want to be a monkey when she grows up-that's gonna be one of those "forever" stories. You know...the stories your parents tell about you over and over again-ha :-).

Amber said...

Karen-
Awww, the Christmas program...those were fun days! I guess there are some things I miss about going to Church.

Chandler loved his candy cane! He ate the whole thing as soon as we got in the car. Weird kid...I HATED candy canes when I was little (unless they were the cinnamon or fruity flavored ones. Pepermint = notsomuch-yuck!).

Amber said...

Jonathan-
You know you love it!

Amber said...

Betty-
You mind your muffins...

Amber said...

Jodi-
We have yet to have a year when everyone sits on Santa's lap without tears. I have ONE picture of all three kids with Santa from two years ago, but McKenna was crying, Chandler is looking away from the camera & Maya was a tiny baby & apparently Santa's arm was getting tired so her head was falling back & she appears to be the headless baby...sigh. One day we will get it right-just not this year:-).

Do you eaver tease Josh about being afraid of Santa? So far Chandler has been my "brave" one. I can totally see Tiffany being the fearless little kid-ha!

Anonymous said...

Remember your experience at Crayola Land with Santa a couple years back. The day of the big snow?

Anonymous said...

Betty-
How could I forget?

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!