Wednesday, December 20, 2006

More picture torture!

Well, I gave it one last shot! I've been trying to get a Christmas picture of the kids for the last two years & so far I've got nothin'!! This past Sunday I dressed them all in coordinating outfits and we went out to Union Station/Crown Center to try ONE LAST TIME to get a Christmas card picture. The kids were in pretty good moods, so I was feeling very optimistic at the start.



This is what we walked away with........



Maya....yooohooo....over here!
Aww... Maya finally LOOKS at the camera! Oh...McKenna...look at mommy!! Quick, Jon...get out of the picture!
McKENNA!!!!!!!! Take the picture.....take the picture!
Chandler....get back here!!! McKenna sweetie.....

Well, at least I was looking at the camera.
I keep trying!


I'm gonna give it one last shot! Maya.....LOOK at daddy!!!

















There's always next year I guess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great, Amber! I understand. It is so frustrating. You keep trying to talk sweetly to the kids and not lose your temper while trying to get them to smile sweetly and look at you! It's enough to cause someone to go into a cussing fit and be abusive!!!

I have found that the best way to get all the kids to look at me and laugh is to make a great big fart noise. No kidding! It really works. So if your kids think that is funny - try it.

I'm sure at the picture people that night someone walking by our room would have thought "what the heck!!"??!!

Amber said...

Hmmm, now why didn't I think of the fart noise! I'll be giving that a try at Christmas :-) Tricia thinks my "screaming kid" pictures are hilarious & she wants me to do a Christmas card with one of those pictures....Lord knows I have plenty of "bad" pictures of the kids-LOL!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!