Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Time Is Here!

And, I REALLY AM doing something besides training for this marathon-LOL! I've neglected sharing the "Holiday Spirit", so I thought I'd share a few cute pictures of the kids. Enjoy!
*************************************************************************************

Chandler and McKenna helping decorate the tree.


McKenna got to put the star on top of the tree this year!


(*Yes, she is in fact wearing a gymnastics suit....because that's the ONLY thing I can get her to wear when we are at home. It's so much fun to be five!).



Chandler carefully choosing which ornament he will break next-LOL!


McKenna admiring her "perfect placement" of the red snowflake.

*************************************************************************************

Just some fun pictures of ornaments



I just like this shot. Nothing really special about this particular ornament.


Can you see me in this picture? Look very carefully :-)


This is a rolling pin ornament from my friend JoEllen. She gave everyone this gift at a cookie exchange a few years ago.

I have to miss the annual cookie exchange this year, but I'll have my fun little ornament to remind me of my "girls night out" friends.


When I was a little girl my mom had a few ornaments just like this one & I always loved to look at them. I thought it was supposed to be a replica of Santa's house or something like that. I loved to daydream about how much fun it would be to go to a cute little cottage in the woods just like this one.

Because of that fun little memory this was one of the first ornaments I bought when I got married (before I even had kids!).









Hope you are enjoying this Christmas Season too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Love the pics. We get a couple of new ornaments each year but a number of them always get broken. Instead of having more we have less and less each year!

Amber said...

This has been a record "breaking" year for our ornament collection-LOL! By the time Christmas is over I'm afraid I won't have any decorations left. We have been throwing away at least one ornament a day! I'm going to have to buy A LOT of ornaments during the after Christmas sales this year if I want to have a pretty tree next year :-).

On a sweet note: I went to a team meeting last night (my marathon group) and the mother of one of our honored patients stopped by and gave all of the runners a homemade angel ornament. She said she used to make the ornaments years ago when her daughter was in the hospital during the Christmas season. She and her daughter would make them for all of the Team and Training runners as a "thank you" gift. For 10 years this mom has continued the tradition of giving away the angels at Christmas time to TNT runners! Even though her daughter no longer has leukemia she still does it year after year because she is so passionate about TNT. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the pretty ornament pics. Your tree looks really pretty. Mine is doing the leaning thing. We desperately need a new tree.

Amber said...

Thanks! I broke down & let Jonathan get a fake tree last year because I was so sick of begging him to get one every year.

He would put it off getting a tree until the week before Christmas (almost) & then he would leave the dead Christmas tree on the side of the house for two+ years (that's not a lie) until it became a fire hazard!!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!