Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane.....

The time has come! Today I'm packing my bags for sunny Orlando & I'm headed off to my first marathon!! I leave tomorrow morning (but the race isn't until Sunday). I'll be going with my fellow Team In Training teammates. My family was not able to come with me this time, but that just gives me a really good reason to do this again!

This has been such an amazing experience...one I'm sure I'll never forget. I'll take lots of pictures & try my best to "capture the moment" as best I can. I can't wait to get back and update you all on my marathon "stories". I may have access to a computer while I'm down there, so I'll give brief updates if I can.

I'll leave you with a picture of my team. This was taken after our last training run together (we HAD to celebrate at Starbucks of course!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber -

I'm praying for you as you come to this final point of all your training. May God give your body strength and endurance that you may run a good race. Well Done, Faithful girl!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Amber!! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)
Rhea

Anonymous said...

This is just a little update for everyone else. Amber arrived yesterday and it sounds like she's getting some good R&R, which I'm really thankful for. She has a roommate she's never met, but she seems nice. I think running this on a Sunday might be a little weird for her since she usually does her BIG runs on a Saturday, but from what I gather the energy is so high on race day that every makes it a great atmosphere for 26.2 miles! She'll do great and is in great spirits!

Amber said...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!! I got back on Monday, but I was running on about 4 hours of sleep for the past 48 hour period, so I went right to bed that night! I'll update my blog soon....I promise :-).

I had a wonderful time & I can't wait to do another marathon soon!! I missed my family SOOOO much, but I still had a good time. I also got some really great pictures on race day that I can't wait to post!

My mom is having surgery today, so I'm not sure if I'll have time to do my big "marathon" post tonight, but I'll have it done by the weekend for sure!

Thanks, Friends!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!