Friday, September 25, 2009

What we have been up to

Just thought I needed to do a quick run down of what the White gang is up to:

-Jonathan has finally found a BAND! He is having a great time practicing with his new band members & I couldn't be happier seeing him find an outlet for his musical talent.

-I am training for a 1/2 Marathon. It's a small goal, but it's a goal nonetheless! As much as I'd love to have a full on my calendar, I have to take it one step at a time.

-Chandler lost his first tooth & is so excited to be a "big" kid now (apparently you are not a "big" kid until you go through this rite of passage). Chandler is also in first grade this year and....he doesn't love it so much :-( School+ Chandler= misery (most of the time)! What Chandler does love is playing outside, dressing up like a super hero (still!), and helping mom cook. I think I see a budding chef in my little man.

-McKenna is now an author! She has made several handmade books that are also self illustrated & she has been selling them to family member for just $1. She is taking orders now, so just give her a call if you're interested :-). She is in second grade this year & she of course LOVES it. She is a great student & she never gets tired of learning. I just love that about her!!! She makes me want to love learning a little more just by being around her. She also has an impressive rock collection (consisting of decorative rocks that she steals from all the neighbors rock gardens....sigh...) just ask her about it sometime.

Maya is in preschool and is also loving it! She still has no attention span whatsoever, and she very much loves the mirror! We are buying her a giant mirror for Christmas because that seems to be the only thing she is really interested in. Well, that and stuffed animals! She still eats exactly 4 foods....not food GROUPS....4 single food choices! They are peanut butter and jelly, mac-n-cheese, apples, and yogurt. She has been on this trend for a solid year and has somehow still managed to grow, so we just leave her alone and hope & pray that one day she will try something new! She is having a GREAT time hanging out with mommy and Judah during the day when the older two are at school & I have to admit I'm kinda loving having her all to myself sometimes too.

Judah is going to be the BIG ONE on Tuesday! I still can't believe it's been a year! Makes me a little teary-eyed to think about it. He has been crawling all over the place, as well as pulling up on the furniture and cruising around things to get from point A to point B. He currently has a love affair going on with toilet paper & unfortunately his siblings greatly encourage this unhealthy fascination he has with TP (because they think it's hilarious to watch him tear up an entire roll of TP). He also loves to go fishing...toilet fishing that is-Ewwwwwwww! This boy is keeping me on my toes for sure! He is so curious right now & he went from quiet and sweet one day, to showing quite the strong will the next! He protests a lot these days when we have to take something away from him & while it's kinda funny to see him throw himself on the ground in protest and kick his little chubby legs, it also alarms me a little to think he is already getting into the fit-throwing phase. He still has the sweetest disposition though, so it's hard to ever be too mad at him. He is showing a STRONG love for music and guitars too, which makes his daddy very, very happy ;-). Oh, and he has 7 teeth now, with an 8th one on the way. He also got his first haircut while we were on vacation in MN. He STILL does not sleep through the night, but we are being patient with that since he is most likely our last little one.

4 comments:

Elisa Seaba said...

I enjoyed your update post! Yes, i think Maya and Ethan would get along great...maybe we can get them together for some yogurt and beans some day...ha ;)

Amber said...

We really should try to get together sometime! Every time I read your blog I laugh because it sounds SO much like my life! Maybe Deanna Rose before it gets too cold??

Anonymous said...

Ok..I noticed a "mostly likely our last little one" .. HUH?? Not "this is our last" ... very interesting my friend! :-)

HOpe to see you soon! DINNER??DINNER?? Come on!!
Miss you!
Jodi

Amber said...

Yes...I said "most likely" because well....neither Jon or I have had anything permanent done (darn insurance and our sky high deductible) & Sometimes I think God just has a sense of humor when it comes to me saying "I'm done having children". So....I have no plans for more kids....but who knows what could happen to me???

Dinner: Are you up for dinner next Monday...Wednesday....Thursday....Friday?? I can't think of anything I have going on during the evening. Tuesday's Jon usually has band practice, so that's the only night that won't work.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!