Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MN Trip Part 2.

We went to "The Mall of America" on day 2 of the trip, but after we left we realized that we didn't take a single picture at the mall! That's what happens when you've been to The Mall of America several times...it just kinda seems like, well, a mall-ha! It is HUGE, and it does have an amusement park inside of it, but really... it's just a mall. I do love to go there though, if for no other reason than to people watch! So, I'm sorry, but I don't have any mall pictures to share.

However, I do have a handful of state fair pictures! Oh, the great MN State Fair! The real reason my husband eagerly packs up the car with 4 squirmy children, and endures the long car ride up north! Yes...all for a fair! Some years I think he's just plain crazy to love the fair that much, but I have to admit we do always have fun! At the end of the day that's all that really matters anyway.

This year our friend Michelle spent most of the day at the fair with us (and ALL day at the mall with us!), and she lived to tell about it! She was such a trooper, and SO very patient with us and our troop of small children. However, I'm not surprised that Michelle was such a good sport considering the "good stock" she comes from ;-). Her parents (Hi, Bob and Irene!) always host our family when we make the trek up north & they are the most gracious and giving hosts anyone could ask for. We've come to love them like our second family & always look forward to getting to spend time with them. It also helps that they have known my husband since the day he was born & have a great sense of humor when it comes to surviving a visit from a family with 4 very small children. Not many people could host a family of 6 and keep their sanity in tact, but Bob and Irene make it look easy (which I know it's anything but easy!). So, here is a HUGE....H-U-G-E thank you to our friends "The Stahl's", for once again welcoming our family into your home and being such wonderful friends to us. I know these trips to your house are the kind of family memories that my children are going to take with them and cherish forever. We love you guys!

Bob with the kids.













Judah likes his first trip to the fair!













Peach scone with sweet cream & iced coffee.













Happy girls.

















Michelle and I pulling stroller duty.











Kiddie Midway!













Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!













Roasted sweet corn!













Miracle of birth barn. This is so cool (if you are into farm animals giving birth!). We always end up spending a lot of time in this barn every year because the kids are fascinated with all the baby animals. In years past we have seen live births of calves, lambs, pigs, and baby chicks hatching. We didn't get to see any births this year, but we did get to pet lots of baby animals :-).






The girls waiting to see a chick hatch.













Ice cream + Maya = cute!

















Caramel apples with cinnamon ice cream-so delish!









Cotton candy!













Snow cones with dad.













More kiddie Midway fun!













What an exhausting day!













We had to get Sweet Martha's before we left! That $14 worth of "I think I'm gonna be sick now" cookie goodness!

















That's Jon saying: "For the love of Pete...have we had enough sugar today?".














For those of you who might need to know, here is the list of fair foods we sampled at the great MN State Fair this year (loosen up your belts, you might just gain a pound or two reading this list!
-Tiny Tim doughnuts
-Deep Fried cheese curds
-Peach Scone with sweet cream
-Fried green tomatoes
-Deep fried pickles
-Roasted sweet corn
-Pot roast sundae
-Cotton Candy
-Snow cones
-Fish taco
-Strawberry frozen custard
-Sweet Martha's Chocolate Chip Cookies
-Caramel Apples with cinnamon ice cream

*Oh, my goodness....NOTHING was on a stick! How in the world did we do that???

No comments:

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!