Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Mama is tired!

I have SO much to get caught up on around here, but I'm just too sleepy to get anything started. I've been stuck in this funk for.....about 11 months (hmmm, isn't that how old Judah is?), and I still can't seem to shake the "cobwebs" feeling that is ever present in my over-caffeinated brain. I have piles of papers to sort through now that the kids are back in school, piles of laundry that are always waiting for me, and multiple closets that need a seasonal change over...yet I pass all of the things by and find myself napping, soothing baby cries, watching cartoons with Maya, and staring at the blank walls in my house. I'm about as motivated to do housework as a sleeping sloth on a summer afternoon. Somebody tell my energy and creativity that I miss them terribly and wouldn't mind one bit if they both decided to stop by and visit for awhile.

Just to get you all caught up on what's been going on at the "White House", here is a short list of things I meant to do blog posts about, but I couldn't find the energy or creativity to do so:

-Chandler lost his first tooth! Well, actually I noticed he had a loose tooth the very day of his last dental cleaning, and I begged the dentist to pull the tooth and save me the drama of going weeks on end with an icky dangling tooth that my child won't let anyone pull. Chandler LAUGHED when the dentist pulled it! He LAUGHED! He is such an awesome kid!

-Bubs (Judah) is crawling & pulling up on everything! I don't think he will be walking by his first birthday like his siblings were, but that does not bother me one bit.

-I've lost my "running fever", but I'm still trying to train for a half-marathon anyway. I'm thinking that weight training is far more rewarding these days & the idea of sleeping in on Saturdays is always appealing!

-We took a trip to MN...and forgot to take very many pictures! I will be doing a "trip post", so watch for that one soon :-)

Well, I gotta go get ready for a "Parents as Teachers" visit...which means I should probably do some cleaning! Forgive my lack of blogging! I promise I'll go hunt down my lost energy and return to my normal picture taking/recipe making/sarcastic blogging self this fall!

Later!

No comments:

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!