Monday, March 09, 2009

Judah's "Magic Shoes"

If you have seen us in recent days you have probably noticed that Judah is wearing some funky looking shoes with a bar. The "boots-on-a-bar" or foot abduction brace are to help turn his feet outward. We are wearing these oh so fashionable shoes because he was born with feet that turn inward. I noticed his little turned in feet while we were still in the hospital, but it took our Pediatrician a few months to agree with me ;-). He has been wearing the boots for about a month now & we are already seeing some good improvement (yay!).

Here are a few pictures of the "fancy" shoes.











































His newborn feet looked like this:
Basically, they turned up and in a little. He ALWAYS had them curled up, so it was kinda hard to tell.









































This was when he was just a few weeks old. I snapped a few photos because I thought it was odd that his feet turned in so sharply.
















I also found it odd that they were always facing each other sole to sole.

We have had a lot of people ask how long he will wear the shoes and we are not really sure, but I suspect it will be several more months. So, there you have it...pics of Judah's new footwear! He's not a big fan of his pricey boots just yet, but he'll get there :-).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle had these shoes and they work really well.
Hope all is well with all of you.
Irene

Anonymous said...

Love those adorable baby chubsy legs!!

Amber said...

Irene-
I didn't know Mooshy wore the fancy boots too. Did she have to wear the bar too? My sister was born with a club foot and had to wear the boot and bar as well. Although, I can't say my sister has "normal" looking feet-ha!

Karen-
I love that my babies are so chubby! I don't know what I would do with a skinny baby ;-). My Ped asked me if I have started giving Judah any baby food yet & I said "are you kidding me...look at him, does he look like he needs anything else?"-haha! At this rate we won't be doing baby food for several more months, or else he might explode! I'm already having a hard time finding jeans that don't cut off his circulation. The best I can do is just to unbutton the top button when he sits :-).

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!