Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sharing Too Much...

I have not had a shower in two days.

My baby just puked on me (maybe I'll go take that shower now).

I still have about 20 lbs to lose...and for the first time in my life I really don't care that I have 20 pounds to lose!

I've been averaging about 4 hours of sleep per night & somehow I'm still alive :-).

This whole "getting older" thing sucks! I think my arms are getting a little bit of "arm jello". I noticed it when I waved goodbye to the kids the other day. What the heck? What's next...tucking my boobs into my pants? Why do our bodies melt as we get older?

Coffee is my breakfast.

Which is precisely why I've been eating dinner leftovers at 10:00 am (I eat "lunch" at 1:30!).

I've now mastered being able to breastfeed while simultaneously wiping another kids butt. I've also mastered eating with my left hand...because I'm nursing on my right side. Not sure I can enter that set of skills on America's Got Talent, but I'm proud of it :-).

Yesterday I put my underwear on inside out & didn't notice that little fact until the end of the day!

*I promise to do a "giving thanks" post next week that is a little more serious. I just thought we all needed a little "randomness" for today. Stay tuned........

8 comments:

Faith said...

Thanks for the good laugh today!

Amber said...

Anytime.....anytime ;-)

Theresa said...

Amen to multitasking, although you're much more advanced than me! Right now I am nursing and working on my one-handed typing skills.

Theresa

Amber said...

Oh, you'll be just as "advanced" as me with the next baby ;-). One-handed typing is the only way I ever get anything done on the computer!

Anonymous said...

Amber you crack me up! You looked absolutely great Sat. when I saw you. You were just glowing! I am very jealous! And getting old...let me tell ya.. When 42 knocked at my door a few months ago it was like I turned 60 ! Holy Cow...what the heck! And I seriuosly...how do have time to even put underwear on ! haha!:-)
It was great seeing you !
Jodi

Amber said...

60...whatever! Try as I may, I'll NEVER have the kind of energy you have at 42! I'm the one who is jealous! It was so much fun to see you girls on Saturday...let's do that again! I hope this winter is a little better than last year because I hope to be able to run with you guys again soon (OK....like Feb or March-haha!). However, I'm such a wuss now that I don't know if I can make myself do any snow/ice runs like last year!

Anonymous said...

We are funny girls huh?? :-) I have not ran since Saturday and really have no desire right now. So it may be Feb before I get out there! We are going to have a blast when we start running together again though! Also... you need to take your kids to see my friend Tim's light display...it starts Thanksgiving. I will email you his address! It is amazing!
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just happened to read you blog Amber and I would say that's amazing to raise so many children!! I have a baby girl Marie and she is 6 months old, and I sometimes feel like my life is over. So I can somewhat feel what you feel and one hand typing, ironing, eating and doing other daily stuff, well, that sounds so like my life! Keep up good work! I will come back to check out on you! Best of luck to you,
Anoush Kablayan

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!