Wednesday, November 12, 2008

6 Weeks!

My baby is growing up so fast! It really feels like I just had him last week & yet it's been 6 weeks. I guess when your days and nights run together like this everything seems a little "off". Half of the time I can't tell you what day of the week it is, and today's date...forget it!

While things are returning to normal here, I'm slowly coming to the realization that my life is forever changed by this new little person. I knew that was going to happen, but it never ceases to amaze me how you fall in love all over again with each new child. It's so much a "feeling", that it's hard to put into words exactly. Just last night as I was watching Judah sleep it occurred to me how blessed I am to know what it feels like to love 4 little people so much that you think your heart might explode with so much love (I know that sounds REALLY corny...but it's true!).

I think that kind of love is something only God can explain. If you think about it, it doesn't really make all that much sense. Here are these little people & they are completely dependent on you for everything. They pee on you, vomit on you, make messes, wake up at all hours of the night, rob you of your vanity, drain your wallet, and cry every 1-2 hours because they have constant needs that need to be met. For the first couple of years that don't even say "I love you" or offer anything in return for all your hard work. Yet, we think they are the most wonderful gifts ever bestowed upon us. THAT is all God's doing! If anyone else in our lives did those things, or demanded that kind of attention from us we would be ready to kick them to the curb! Yes, children are a lot of work...but the rewards of knowing this kind of love are worth it!

OK....enough of that mushy, lovey-dovey talk. I'll just post some new Judah pics now :-).

We will call this "6 Weeks with Judah".











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful words and so very very true! Cherish each moment of every day as they are all truly a blessing! And wow...6 weeks with Judah! Time flies doesn't it?
Can't wait to see you Saturday!
Jodi

Amber said...

I'm so excited to see you and Jen this Saturday! Can't wait till' I get to run first and THEN go to coffee-LOL!

Anonymous said...

Are you starting back to running, Amber? That's great!

Wow! I can't believe it's been 6 weeks either. He is soooo adorable. I loved holding him when you were over the other night. The kids keep talking about him, he was a highlight here.

Amber said...

No, I haven't started running yet :-( I had to put my "Y" membership on hold until January because bubby has to be 12 weeks before he can go to the nursery there. I would attempt running on my own if I was getting a little more sleep though. Every Saturday morning just seems like a good excuse to sleep in-LOL!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!