Thursday, November 06, 2008

Halloween!

Halloween was a little bit rough this year, but as the pictures show we all survived! Our saga started the day before Halloween when I picked the older two up from school and McKenna threw up in the car before we even got home. Then, as luck would have it Chandler started in with the vomiting and such about 1:00 am on Friday. When daylight started coming through my bedroom window on Friday I was a zombie! I had spent the entire night cleaning up vomit, poo, and other gross bodily fluids...oh, and I had a newborn that woke up every two hours to feed in between all of that.

I begged Jonathan to stay home from work so that I could take a nap & then take Maya and Judah to the pumpkin patch as promised. In the end it all worked out. I didn't really get a nap, but I did manage to make it to the pumpkin patch & get a break from all the sick kids at home. By nightfall the kids were begging to go trick-or-treating, so we decided to let them since no one had puked since 6:00 am. However, Chandler started running a 102 fever, so trick-or-treating didn't last too terribly long. Here's to hoping next year is a little less complicated-LOL!



*Don't you just love how my slide show cut off my head? It's probably all for the best though since I was running on about 2-3 hours of sleep that day!

2 comments:

Sara Wyssmann said...

Hope you are all feeling better. We've had our share of sickness over the past couple weeks as well. I just wanted to say hi and pray all is well with you guys.

Sara

Amber said...

Sara!
Thanks for stopping by our blog :-). I was just telling Jonathan last night that I feel so bad that I have not talked to you on the phone in forever! I think you are working today or else I'd call ya right now.

Miss you! We will have to talk soon!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!