Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving Thanks.

I said I was going to do a "Giving Thanks" post, and as they say...better late than never :-).

To be honest, this past week was kinda rough & I just wasn't in the mood to do much "blogging" about it. I won't go into it all right now, because honestly I'm just trying to "move on". I'm quite sure no one wants to read about all the boring little bits and pieces that make up my glamorous life anyway. However, this past week has reminded me of how thankful I am for my family.

So, here is a small list of what I'm thankful for this year....

1) Complicated lives that make for great stories! Think about it...without all the "bumps in the road" our life stories just wouldn't be very interesting. Messy situations are great teachers. They also make for [sometimes] funny stories, and if nothing else...good gossip! Shut up, Pollyanna...you know it's true ;-). Complicated crap keeps you on your toes & sharpens your mind. Without it you would be pretty dull and boring.

2) Insurance. Oddly enough, this is also something I really loathe right now, but we won't go into that. It's a double edged sword. For now I like it because it's serving it's purpose...and for that I'm thankful.

3) Cute kids that make me smile :-)

4) A renewed understanding that there are just some things that money can't buy! For everything else there is cash...VISA can go to hell.

5) One such thing that money can't buy would be stories about my oldest son. Like the time he walked out of the bathroom in his classroom with his pants down around his ankles & asked if someone could "please come wipe him now"! No...he was not at all embarrassed by this! His mother sure was...but there will just be more of that in the future, so I better get used to it.

6) My family, the little place we call home, and the wisdom to know that those are the things that really matter.

THAT'S what I'm thankful for!


*Next up.....McKenna's Birthday pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has been a wonderful season of Thanksgiving, hasn't it? One night I was driving home and the stars were sooo bright. I looked at all of the awesome creation, thought of all the HARD things in my life, but still thanked God for the abundance I have.

Amber, everyone needs to know that the Principal of the school ended up helping Chandler wipe his little tushy! hee hee!!!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!