Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tom = "El Diablo"

Let me explain.....

Last Friday Tom S. came over to our house to pick Jonathan up for a guy's night outing & he brought with him this Walgreen's sack and left it on the counter in our kitchen. When the boys were getting ready to leave I pointed to the sack and said, "what's that?". He laughed and said something about it being a "little snack" for me to enjoy later . Then he opened it up and pulled out about 3 lbs of chocolate in the form of KING size candy bars! There was a KING size bag of peanut M&M's, a KING size Snickers, a KING size 3 Musketeers, and a giant 1 lb Hershey's bar with almonds.

Now, I was feeling rather strong when he first showed me the bounty of chocolate & I was sure I wasn't going to cave and devour it all. I'll admit, I was strong for the first couple of days & then came Sunday.....

On Sunday- We took the KING size bag of peanut M&M's over to Tom and Karen's and I had a small handful (my resolve was weakening....but I was still doing OK). Not too bad...

On Monday- I eyed the giant Snickers all day & then finally tore into it after lunch. I started off with the best intentions though. I cut the giant bar in half & told myself I was going to share the other half with the kids. Then......the first half was so delicious that I had to cut just a little more off the second half (because that first half I ate was probably not even equal to one normal size snickers bar...). Well, the kids didn't seem interested in the bar (probably because it was hidden behind a bowl on the counter top) & it was just a shame to see it go to waste, so I cut just a little more off. By that time there was only a small bite left & I thought "oh....what the heck"...and I finished the dumb thing off! So, by the end of Monday I had polished off the WHOLE KING SIZE snickers!!

On Tuesday- Jon ate half of the giant 3 Musketeers bar...but the second half was calling my name......

On Wednesday- 6 squares of that giant Hershey's bar with almonds sure tasted good with my coffee....

On Thursday (today) - 3 more squares of that Hershey's bar sure tasted good with coffee.....

*I can feel my butt growing as I type this & I'm pretty sure that my jeans were a little tight this morning! Tom (aka "El Diablo"), isn't your birthday just right around the corner? Oh, paybacks are coming.....paybacks are coming! I'm pretty sure I saw a 3 lb bag of peanut M&M's at Target the other day....

No comments:

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!