Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's that time again....

Time for another Orlando MARATHON! I'm packing my bags as I type this & getting ready to head down south for some warmer weather, and hopefully a great race day! This will be marathon #2 for me, but I'm just as excited this time around as I was for the first one.

My sister is coming with me this time, so that is going to be a ton of fun. I didn't get to have any family with me last year, so this really means a lot to know that I'll have my sister cheering for me along the course. You have no idea how wonderful it is to see a familiar face when you are weary and ragged at mile 18...and you still have another 8.2 to go! Sometimes it's motivating just to know you have a "fan" out there just for you :-).

So...here is to a great race day...warmer weather...and great memories!

-Wish me luck!

(This is a short video clip of my little running group at the starting line last year. Watch out...I was running while filming...hehe!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it!! Even though I'm not physically there cheering you on- I'll be your little engine that could and wish you a strong "i think you can, I think you can, I think you can" I'm from the sidelines just in a different state! You can do it!!-michaela

Anonymous said...

Hi Michaela! I'm pretty sure Amber hasn't had an opportunity to even get on the web in the past couple of days, but I'll let her know you're pulling for her!

She starts at 6:00AM Sunday!!!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!