Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to school!

I can't believe it...but my BABY started Kindergarten this week! Oh- I cry just typing this!! I really didn't think I would feel like this, but I think I'm just trying to come to terms with how fast McKenna's "babyhood" flew by. Maybe I also feel a bit little guilty because she didn't get to be my baby for long. She had two siblings before she had a chance to blink-LOL! I guess I feel like she has had to do a lot of things on the "fast track" because she is the oldest. Poor baby!

However, she could care less that I'm an emotional wreck this week, because she is LOVING Kindergarten!


All ready to go!

What a confident little kindergartner :-)

McKenna and Carter. These two have been friends from birth!

McKenna already loves her teacher.

One last shot...... LOL!














***********************************************************************************

Mr. "Chan-The-Man" also had his first day of school today. He really likes school & has asked to go back all summer (my kids sure didn't get that gene from their mother-lol!). He was SO sad yesterday when McKenna got to go to school and he didn't. But, this morning was a different story. He was up and dressed by 7:30 a.m and ready to go! As soon as we pulled up to the school he said "LET'S GO McKENNA"! It was too cute :-)





Do you think they are just a little excited?

What a happy guy!


Chan and daddy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute! Makes me tear up just reading it and looking at the pictures. I love that one of Jon and Chan!!

I'm so glad that McKenna loves school. Remember wondering how she would make it through the long day? They just adjust somehow.

Julian loves school too. He asked for an alarm clock to get him up and this morning just bounced out of bed when it went off. That was great!!

Anonymous said...

It's the hardest when the first goes off to kindergarten. It's such an emotional time. We'll see how tomorrow goes with Elaina starting kindergarten! I am very happy for her. She's so excited!

The school system is soooooooo much more kid friendly and fun than when I was a kid. Bullying and negative behavior is taken much more seriously. As soon as I discovered that I felt a lot better.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are beautiful ! Well..Chandler is Handsome !! I know how you feel Amber. Kindergarten was such a hard one for me too! It looks as though they were very excited though! I remember seeing kids just crying and crying because they had to go to school! So glad yours were so happy ! Just another stepping stone in life! Make sure you keeptaking baby steps !! :-)

Amber said...

Julie-
I just saw your "back to school" post. What a sweet little crew you have! Elaina sure looked excited! I'm so glad McKenna has transitioned well to K. I was a little worried this summer when she kept saying she didn't want to go to school. After summer school she was excited to go back and see all her friends again.

How did the first day go? Are you loving having the house a little more quiet now? Porr Maya...she doesn't get much "alone time" with me, because we go to the gym right after we drop the other two off at school & Chandler only goes to school till' 11:30! Although, those 3 hours are WONDERFUL!

Amber said...

Jodi-
Well, I think they're pretty cute too! :-)

There was a few kids crying on the first day & I saw McKenna start to look a little worried, but then the teacher had the principal come and hold the one little boy that was crying the hardest. It broke my heart to see that poor little guy crying so hard! I'm not sure what I would have done if McKenna would have started crying-eek!!

Amber said...

Karen-
Didn't you say school made Julian MORE tired at the end of the day? Because, that's not happening over here!!! McKenna is SO wound up when she gets home & she is pretty much that way till' I force her to get in bed, and make her stop talking!! Otherwise I think she would gladly stay up till' 11:00 every night!

I was waiting to see her voluntarily put on her PJ's, and climb into bed all by herself (like Julian does)-LOL! Oh- she is most certainly MY child......

Anonymous said...

Well, I think that it must be a personality thing. . .Julian does put himself to bed when we are having a huge party with all the kids. . .and McKenna closes the party down after midnight.

Too funny!

Maybe as the weeks drag on she will get more tired.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!