Sunday, July 08, 2007

4th of July Fun!


We were a little worried at the start of the evening because it was raining...no...POURING! But the rain eventually cleared and we got to go outside. Maya was still worried the rain might return, so she "covered up" before heading out!


The kids watching the black "snakes" grow.

Maya was quite surprised at how loud fireworks can be!


We had a GREAT view of the fireworks display this year & Maya loved every minute of it!


Sparkler fun....

fun...

fun!


Blueberry pie...a 4th of July favorite at our house.

Well, McKenna likes the whipped cream :-)

Channy even tried it...but he's not as big a fan as the adults-LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed you guys this 4th! We were all in CO in winter coats watching a very far away fire works display.

We went out over this lake where they were supposed to be shot and when they started we all had to move and turn to see the display. It was pretty - just sooo far away.

I love the pic of Maya with the sparkler.

Amber said...

Hmmm, not sure how I would feel wearing a winter coat on the 4th-LOL!
We found THE BEST spot to watch fireworks at Raintree this year (we will all have to go together next year). We were right across from where they were setting them off & the kids were going nuts over how BIG the display was (because we were so close). It was pretty "short and sweet", but I didn't want to drive really far away to see a bigger display.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!