Monday, July 23, 2007

28

This past Friday I turned 28....what a weird age. I think the only thing I'm feeling at the ripe old age of 28 is....."older". I've done lot in my 28 years, most of which I'm pretty proud of :-). Most women my age are still "thinking about" getting married & don't plan on having children for another 5-10 years. Because I've been in the "trenches" of motherhood since my early twenties I think I feel "older and wiser" now :-). Of course, considering that most people who pass me on the streets think I'm 35 or so...well, I guess I'm finally starting to look as old as people think I am! Let's hope the thirties are kinder to me-LOL!

Can you believe I don't have a SINGLE picture of my birthday! Nope...not one! Maybe that was a subconscious thing, because I wasn't too excited about this birthday. I did have a great weekend though. On Thursday Tricia scheduled a pedicure for the two of us, and after the pedicure we grabbed a bite to eat together. It's such a rare thing for me to get to spend any time alone with my sister(s), that I was just in heaven getting to do that with her. On Friday Jonathan took me out to dinner & I had the most amazing salmon (at the "mystery" restaurant).

* I think 28 is a great age to "stop" at! Most people want to stay at 21 forever...but 28 seems like a good stopping place for me. So, next year on July 20th I'll still be 28...alright?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Amber!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved 28! It was a great age and I "felt" 28 for a long time. I have now moved on to about 33.

Enjoy your year. Glad you got to go out and have a great dinner.

We need to get together. Tom was saying yesterday "when are we getting together with Jon and Amber!".

Andrew said...

Happy Birthday!!! WOW a pedicure and an evening out with a cute guy--it sounds like you are in your teens!! And honestly- who thinks you're 35 because they must be blind...really!! Love you friend and I echo Karen we NEED to hang out soon...is anyone free for lunch on Sunday?

Andrew said...

yeah so that said Andrew published that comment but it's me(michaela) writing...it would be weird if he said I love you friend...which I am sure he does but it would be more in the form of a high five...hahahaha

Amber said...

Karen-
We miss you guys so much! We didn't know what to do with ourselves yesterday-LOL! It was 4:30 in the afternoon & we were sitting around the house doing a whole lot of NOTHING! We both kept saying "I want to do something with Tom and Karen again". Next time we will just call and invite you over (if you don't mind coming to the "hood")-LOL!

Amber said...

Hi Michaela (or "Andrew")-
I was laughing so hard at your second comment. I was imagining Andrew calling Jon a "cute guy" and saying "Love You Friend"-LOL!

I think this week is going to be really nice. Wanna meet up at Harris Park? I don't have to babysit Isabella this week, so I'm free any day. I seriously have not had A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G going on this whole summer. No baseball games or practice, no swimming lessons, piano lessons, dance classes, long vacations...no pool passes, park passes, "day trips", Drs appts, hair appts, zip, zilch, nada! I've been at home EVERY day...and it's really, really, boring!

So...call me :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey if you go to the park. . .let me know too! I want to do that - even though I ditched ya tonight. Did McKenna love VBS??

Julian did and almost wants to skipt the Royals to do VBS. I'd say he like it!

Amber said...

Michaela-
Sorry, I forgot to reply to the Sunday lunch question. I would love to go out to lunch, I'll talk to Jonathan about it this week. I may have to leave a little early though (maybe??).

I signed up for another marathon with TNT & I'm getting a jump start on the fundraising this weekend. I'm doing a boot block on Saturday & there is a possibility I could be doing another one on Sunday. I'm trying to raise all the $$$ by myself this time (I hate asking all my friends and family for money). Soooo....this means I'll be doing a ton of bead selling, boot blocking, etc this fall (lucky me).

*This is what happens when you have no life...

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!